cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep judgment from being reported to the CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I keep judgment from being reported to the CRAs?

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any luck keeping a paid judgment from being reported to the CRAs? The debt was was bought by a Third party who file a judgement. It will be paid off 12/07. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This debt was being reported by the original creditor but was deleted from TU (07/2007) because it exceeded 7 yrs.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I keep judgment from being reported to the CRAs?

When did you get the judgement?  It seems like it should have erported already if it was going to.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi daytona18,

I got the judgement in 2005, started paying monthly via automatic debit 12/2005. It is a consent judgement that I agreed to over the phone. Did not go to court as they were unable to serve the papers. They sent me the forms, I signed them, returned them and the attorney signed them and filed them with the court, official stamps and all. And the law firm is legit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditworthyagain wrote:
Hi daytona18,

I got the judgement in 2005, started paying monthly via automatic debit 12/2005. It is a consent judgement that I agreed to over the phone. Did not go to court as they were unable to serve the papers. They sent me the forms, I signed them, returned them and the attorney signed them and filed them with the court, official stamps and all. And the law firm is legit.

If that judgement isn't listed by now, it won't be.  Mine went on immediately. Never heard of a consent judgement before.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope that is true.  When I called the law firm and asked if they report the judgments when they are pd in full the lady said the law firm won't but the creditor will.  But, if they haven't reported it yet I hope that they don't.  I was thinking about calling the Third party creditor and agreeing to pay it early. BUT, I run the risk of alerting them and then it pops up on my report. Right now I think I'll leave it alone for now and enjoy my small successes so far. Thanks daytona18 for your input!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.