Did you mean: 

Can a CA legally do this??

tag
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can a CA legally do this??

Jennabean wrote:
Questions:
1- What can I do about the inaccurate FP account?

My GF had a paid chargeoff with FP that she disputed as Not Mine, and it went away immediately.  I suspect they don't keep records long.  If you want it on your account for the age, then I wouldn't recommend disputing.  If you want it off, then there's a good chance it'll fall off with a dispute.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A warning to you also. Arrow is notorious at violating FCRA. They have had to pay so many fines for their actions that the only reason they are still in business is that there are still people out there who don't know their rights and pay them. They are a nightmare and I can guarantee you that if you DV they will mail you a letter and flat out REFUSE to give you any information because by law they don't HAVE to after 30 days. Keep that letter and send the follow-up letter that HappyDays talked about (she is a genius btw). I am currently fighting them right now and after refusing to DV and ignoring my follow-up demand letter they sold the account to someone else. They are probably the worste CA anywhere. Good luck and don't give up!!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A warning to you also. Arrow is notorious at violating FCRA. They have had to pay so many fines for their actions that the only reason they are still in business is that there are still people out there who don't know their rights and pay them. They are a nightmare and I can guarantee you that if you DV they will mail you a letter and flat out REFUSE to give you any information because by law they don't HAVE to after 30 days. Keep that letter and send the follow-up letter that HappyDays talked about (she is a genius btw). I am currently fighting them right now and after refusing to DV and ignoring my follow-up demand letter they sold the account to someone else. They are probably the worste CA anywhere. Good luck and don't give up!!

Yeeek! Sounds horrid!

Since they've already sold this account to someone else, I'm hoping I can just dispute this bad boy away. They have no reason to continue to report.

Not gonna hold my breath, tho. I'll still do the DV and send all that info to the CRA's...
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh by all means hit them with everything you've got. perhaps I'll finally see some results too now that its sold. I'm in the process of DV'ing the new company since they sent us a letter with the 30 day notice on it. Since it was a fraudulant card opened up by my fiance's EX, they will not be able to provide a contract instrument with his signature on it and it will hopefully prevent them from reporting it. The way that Arrow got around that little detail was saying they were past their 30 days, which of course they were because we didn't even know the account existed and it was opened in 2001!! Thankfully it's past SOL and will actually drop off within the next 8 months or so, so worst case we'll just wait them out. I just get so mad whenever I see Arrow's name anywhere. They are the devil.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.