cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can amount of judgement be negotiated and removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can amount of judgement be negotiated and removed?

My question is:  if a judgement is reported on your credit report by a collection agency not the original creditor, can you negotiate a pay off amount with the collection agency and have the judgement removed from your credit report?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can amount of judgement be negotiated and removed?

frontratio wrote:
My question is:  if a judgement is reported on your credit report by a collection agency not the original creditor, can you negotiate a pay off amount with the collection agency and have the judgement removed from your credit report?

Yes, it's possible for anything to be deleted from your reports. Try writing a PFD (pay for delete) letter. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but it's always worth several attempts. Here's a link to a sample letter just remember to personalize to your situation.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful if you open that can of worms with a CA that holds a judgment against you. It's a lot more sticky situation than negotiating a PFD for just a collection on a credit report.

You would be essentially telling the CA have the money to pay the judgment. They might do an asset search and file the required writ to just TAKE the money from your bank account, IF you have it in the bank. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I did......I had a judgement for 2500.00 in '05'    last month I contacted the OC and basically did a GW/PFD hybrid letter. The first response was ..if I pay 512.00 they will conceder the judgement satisfied. After I sent a second letter asking to vacate the judgement they agreed. Got it all in writing. The judgement should be off in 30 days
never stop trying .....GoodLuck
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOuld you be willing to share a sample of your letters for this?  While for a much smaller amount, I have a simular situation.
Thanks - D
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's what I did......I had a judgement for 2500.00 in '05' last month I contacted the OC and basically did a GW/PFD hybrid letter. The first response was ..if I pay 512.00 they will conceder the judgement satisfied. After I sent a second letter asking to vacate the judgement they agreed. Got it all in writing. The judgement should be off in 30 days
never stop trying .....GoodLuck

I do want a sample letter that you sent as well as I may have to try this
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.