cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an OC report a closed account to other CRA's?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Can an OC report a closed account to other CRA's?

Can an OC report a closed/paid account to other CRA's if you dispute the negative with the CRA that the negative is reporting to?

There is no CA involved.  OC is listed on the CR.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can an OC report a closed account to other CRA's?

Yes.

There is no time limit after occurence of an account event in which a furnisher is either required to or prevented from reporting that information.

The only requirement is that they cannot report information that is known or should reasonably have been known to be inaccurate.

Many disputes result in the furnisher doing an account review, and reporting additional information.  It is a risk of disputing.

That usually happens in form of update to the CRA they are already reported to.  Reporting to additional CRAs is less likely, as it often indicates that the other CRAs are not part of their normal reporting.

Message 2 of 3
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Can an OC report a closed account to other CRA's?

Thanks for the reply Robert.

So I just now went to ex.exdirect to pull the report again and instead I got freecreditreport.com.

I pull it up anyway, and they're showing "FP" (fail to pay) for JUN '12, instead of "KD" that was showing on ex.exdirect.  Both are bad, I know.

The payment graph on EX is empty for all of 2010, 2011, and 2012 except for 'KD' in JUN '12, and 'OK' JULY '12.

An agreement was made with the OC to pay $5000 by NOV '12.  I paid $4000 in AUG '11 and $1000 in JUN '12.  THey said I owed an 'extra' $300 so I paid that too a week later, but still in the month of JUN '12.

I haven't missed a payment on this since late '06.  Account was lst reported in 2001.

I"ve put this account behind me, and try not to even acknowledge it and work around it with my credit rebuilding...i.e. avoiding EX pulls.  Although I did just receive a BoA Cash Rewards card for $1500 that pulled EX.

But, it's bothering me lately.  I feel like it's being reported inaccurately.  I was not late in JUN '12 and I did pay it off.  I paid $1300 in JUN, monthly payment was $200.

I'm in the garden for at least a year.  The account is 12yrs. old.  Let sleepiing dogs lie?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.