cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use ScoreWatch to Dispute Equifax data?

tag
FiveOhFour
Contributor

Re: Can i use ScoreWatch to Dispute Equifax data?

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yea I agree EQ can be an pain in the butt to deal with. According to the CR on quizzle it says my last CO is supposed to fall off 5/2014. I wanted to try and see if EQ would remove early. It seems like its an awful lot of work to get an hold of EQ. I can wait two months or so, and hope they remove it.

Thanks. Let me ask you this, in your experience is MyFico forums the best place for credit related discusions or is there a better forum out there? It seems to mostly have Mega Contributors" that might post a reply but if you want further discussion or clarification from them, you are out of luck. I guess that goes with them being a mega contributor, they want to post to as many threads as possible i guess, its still very appreciated, i am also looking however for engaging discussion with multiple folks like you get on other big forums, i just am unsure if this is the best place or not and was curious if you have any experience with any other sites, specifically ones that arent "brand forums" for a single brand. 

PERFECT CREDIT SCORE FINALLY
2020: FICO Score 9 850/850 (Equifax) (I still only have ~4 cards)
2018 FICO: EQ: 820 TU: 807 EX: 806
First Credit Card in 2016 (2 secured cards)
Message 11 of 14
SantanzChild
Valued Member

Not sure if the other CMS have this ability but I assume they do...  I use USAA's CMS service and when disputing stuff on my CR I called there customer service line and told them what I was trying to do and they transfered my call into the phone tree at some point after the request for a report number.  I was able to dispute the info on my credit report this way without having to pay for one or get it mailed to me.

Message 12 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Just to give an update about disputing equifax data on your cr. I was able to dispute thru their webform without having any kind of confirmation number. I just got scorewatch update saying that equifax is looking at an dispute. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 14
JLK93
Established Contributor

@FiveOhFour wrote:

I am trying to use the equifax dispute process but i see that i need a reference number to do so, would this info have been on the ScoreWatch data? I had scorewatch for a month but just cancelled it, i thought i could have at least pulled the info i had already paid for but it appears you lost access to all of it once you cancel the subscription.

Lastly, is there any way to get a equifax report online if you have been denied in last 60 days or given less favorable terms based on the info in the report like you can do on experian's website? I am not able to retrieve my free yearly report for whatever reason. 

Thanks

I have always had difficulty obtaining a free credit report online based on denial of credit. However, I have never had a problem getting the same report over the phone. I am sending you a PM.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.