cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can lost or stolen cards affect FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can lost or stolen cards affect FICO score?

When you report a lost or stolen card to the issuing bank, are they to report it to the bureaus?

If so, can it affect your credit score?

If so, for how long?

Thank you.

Message Edited by attain on 04-13-2008 12:08 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can lost or stolen cards affect FICO score?

Lost credit card: If there are no delinquencies, credit cards that are reported lost will continue to be listed for two years from the date the card is reported lost. Delinquent payments that occurred before the card was lost are reported for seven years.

No clue if it affects scoring.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only effect would be if they open a new account with a fresh start date. Usually they just assign a new number and put it back on with duplicated history.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know if this is hurting my score also, I have a lost card reported from Nov 2002, no late pays, no balance, had less than a year, but it is still on my TU.
Message 4 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

the history is helping you. When it does drop off, expect to see a slight dip in your scores.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 6
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I lost a CC recently and just got an alert but my score has not changed it only says lost or stolen card.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.