Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain what this means

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain what this means

I have diputed some accounts on my cr, On my credit monitoring service, i got an alert of a change in my accounts, this is what it says
Rate/Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due 
Narrative Code 1 changed to: CONSUMER DISPUTES - REINVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS 
Narrative Code 2 changed to: COLLECTION ACCOUNT 

Can someone give me some insight?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone explain what this means

help?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it was 120 past due, when you disputed it, they confirmed the dispute and then updated the account as sent to collection is my guess. But if you got this from a 3rd party monitoring service such as TC, ect. The message might not mean what it shows. Sometimes the 3rd party services don't read the codes correctly. I had an account on EQ showing as Paid as agrees. TC shows the account as collection. But usually they don't make a mistake on lates. Not sure what the changed status to collection is. But if you saw this message from MyFICO or directly from the CRA, I would take it more seriously.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-05-2008 11:44 PM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new and need help!

I am not sure if I am posting a question correctly but I really could use some advice. I have good credit, never paid a bill late, etc., but am in a lot of debt. I need to refinance my house to pay it off and they need a score of 680 to do it, mine is at 667 right now. So, i sold and paid off my truck which was $18,147 and paid $1000 off on 2 credit cards. Will that bring it up the 13 needed points or do I need to do more? Any advice anyone can give me would be so, so helpful! I really need this refi badly, Thank You All so Much!

Suzanne
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am new and need help!

This wasn't something from Palisades Collections LLC was it?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am new and need help!

Hi suzy and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

As this is "off topic" from the original poster's question, it would have been better if you had started a new message. But sok.

The fastest way for your scores to rise is to pay down your credit card debt to 1%-9% of your credit limit for each card. We call that utilization. My scores jumped 151 points doing just that, last year. It took 4 months for it to rise to that level.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have diputed some accounts on my cr, On my credit monitoring service, i got an alert of a change in my accounts, this is what it says
Rate/Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Narrative Code 1 changed to: CONSUMER DISPUTES - REINVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS
Narrative Code 2 changed to: COLLECTION ACCOUNT
Can someone give me some insight?

I agree with I.L.P. It looks as though since you disputed, it updated your cr to reflect current activity.

That's one thing that scares me about disputing. I've heard your story many times when someone disputes something and winds up in worse shape than before the dispute.

It's ok to dispute, but be sure you are disputing things that are incorrect.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if this is accurate then my next step should be to pfd this account?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.