cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help with SR./JR. credit issues???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone help with SR./JR. credit issues???

Since I turned 18 in 2003 I have been having nothing but trouble with my credit due to my father and I sharing the same full name, and same address.  I have had multiple credit cards and loans and have never paid late, missed payments or defaulted in any way.  My father has TERRIBLE credit--bankruptcies, collections, etc., and his info repeatedly shows up on my report!!!  I have disputed over and over, but these things keep coming up.  Can someone please help me!!!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone help with SR./JR. credit issues???

dougjam84 wrote:
Since I turned 18 in 2003 I have been having nothing but trouble with my credit due to my father and I sharing the same full name, and same address.  I have had multiple credit cards and loans and have never paid late, missed payments or defaulted in any way.  My father has TERRIBLE credit--bankruptcies, collections, etc., and his info repeatedly shows up on my report!!!  I have disputed over and over, but these things keep coming up.  Can someone please help me!!!!

Even though you have the same name most credit is reported by ssn.  With such terrible credit, is it possible that your father used your ssn at some point to open credit accounts?  Not that he meant you any harm, probably figured he would pay it off and give you a great credit rating.  Do you have ssn other than your own showing up on credit reports?  I would put a freeze on the report and contact the credit bureau in writing.  IT is possible that they merged your files by mistake.  If there are bad DOBs on file and SSNs you have a case. 

This is a hard battle to fight sort of like recovering from identity theft and you may need an attorney's help.  If you can't afford one this is a case that an organization like legal aid is there for.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.