Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please explain?

tag
thorice
New Contributor

Can someone please explain?

Can someone please explain the difference between a writtend contrat and promissory note when trying to determine  SOL?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone please explain?

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/business/promissory_note.html

What Is A Promissory Note?

In it simplest terms, a promissory note is a written promise to repay a loan or debt under specific terms - usually at a stated time, through a specified series of payments, or upon demand. A promissory note will identify the parties, the amount of the obligation, some form of recitation of the consideration for the obligation (that is, what the debtor received in return for signing the note) and will usually include the terms of repayment, the interest rate which will apply (if any). It may also include an "acceleration clause" which will make the entire amount of the note due if a payment is missed.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In general layman's terms(and I'm no financial of legal adviser) a contract is a legally binding instrument between 2 parties, that requires party A to award to party B, something specific, in return for party B performing a specific act for party A. EG: a football player signs a contract saying: I'll perform for 5 years for X amount of money, and benefits, to your football team.

Breaking a contract by party B will enable party A certain legal remedies, that will enable party A to recover their loss.

Gads, I wish I had not even started to try to explain that.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob - I have started many, many replies and decided not to post them.

4 Reasons for me start but not to post a reply:
Lack of knowledge on subject matter
Unable to explain clearly
Being judgmental or degrading
MyFico might not like this.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.