Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Equifax Report?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Can't Access Equifax Report?

I went to dispute my Equifax report and it said the info i entered was wrong and try again...so i kept trying then it said I have to mail in a credit report order form to get my credit report...? I have requested my Equifax report many times before with no problem and the same exact info that i entered...? I havent moved or anything either...

Any idea what could be going on? Im mailing for my credit report tomorrow, but is there anything i can do sooner to figure out why i cant access my report and why my info wouldnt be matching up?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can't Access Equifax Report?

It sounds like the verification questions are not being answered correctly based on EQ file. Afaik, there's is a limit to how many times an incorrect response can be given before they lock you out.
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 14
nyancat
Established Contributor

It's just a scam. Equifax happily let me sign up for a free trial of their premium service a few months ago (a trial that's very hard to cancel) and there was nothing wrong on the report. But try to get my free annual report or go into disputs? Nope, asks verification questions that aren't from my file. Again, this was happening LONG before I tried the free trial - and for that they asked valid questions, and nothing abnormal was on my report.

Therefore, I'm convinced it's nothing but a scam.

P.S. as further evidence I was able to JUST RECENTLY get a Schwab bank account, which verifies with Equifax, and again - ZERO issues, the verification questions were relevant to me. It's ONLY for free reports/disputes that they give me bogus questions then say I answered them wrong.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 4 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

It's just a scam. Equifax happily let me sign up for a free trial of their premium service a few months ago (a trial that's very hard to cancel) and there was nothing wrong on the report. But try to get my free annual report or go into disputs? Nope, asks verification questions that aren't from my file. Again, this was happening LONG before I tried the free trial - and for that they asked valid questions, and nothing abnormal was on my report.

Therefore, I'm convinced it's nothing but a scam.

P.S. as further evidence I was able to JUST RECENTLY get a Schwab bank account, which verifies with Equifax, and again - ZERO issues, the verification questions were relevant to me. It's ONLY for free reports/disputes that they give me bogus questions then say I answered them wrong.

Wow...thats kinda scary?

Message 5 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Im mailing for my credit report tomorrow, but is there anything i can do sooner to figure out why i cant access my report and why my info wouldnt be matching up?

Call them.

@nyancat wrote:

It's just a scam. Equifax happily let me sign up for a free trial of their premium service a few months ago (a trial that's very hard to cancel) and there was nothing wrong on the report. But try to get my free annual report or go into disputs? Nope, asks verification questions that aren't from my file.

In my experience there is a "none of the above" option in case a question isn't relevant.  It's also possible that info on file isn't correct or that a split file exists.  None of your "evidence" proves intent which is a prerequisite for a scam.  It's a hassle and I've certainly run into it myself but a scam is something entirely different.

Message 6 of 14
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I always have some kind of issues with EQ when ttrying to dispute.

It likes to let me access my report via the dispute function for a couple weeks, then lock me out for another couple weeks after answering questions that have "Does not Apply" answers.

It's annoying as hell, actually.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I tried again after a while and i KNOW i answered the security questions correctly and it still refuses to let me in...ugh...

Message 8 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

UPDATE: I tried again after a while and i KNOW i answered the security questions correctly and it still refuses to let me in...ugh...

I'm starting to have the same issues with EQ. What was the outcome of your situation?

Message 9 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

I think the only time I've gotten my EQ score since last post was from buying it on myfico.com which sucks...
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.