Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't I 'Not Mine' this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't I 'Not Mine' this?

Here is a paid collection on my report. I DV'd the CA and there are the Drs. Medical records, and I PID last year AND paid the Dr. the collection fee. However I dont' see how this can report as shown below and how I CAN'T say Not Mine, since there is almost NO information:

Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "905yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $643 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XXXXXX8914".
Collection agency [?] 905yc00000
Original balance [?] $643
Current balance [?] $0
Status [?] Paid
Date assigned [?] Jul 01, 2006
Date reported [?] Mar 01, 2008
Date last active [?] Aug 01, 2005
Date paid [?] Not Reported
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Original lender [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] XXXXXX8914
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't I 'Not Mine' this?

That's pretty much how all accounts show up on my FICO reports.. I have much clearer info when I pull the CRs directly from the CRA sites.
Message 2 of 9
shawnette
Regular Contributor

nyccc2 wrote:
Here is a paid collection on my report. I DV'd the CA and there are the Drs. Medical records, and I PID last year AND paid the Dr. the collection fee. However I dont' see how this can report as shown below and how I CAN'T say Not Mine, since there is almost NO information:

Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "905yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $643 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XXXXXX8914".
Collection agency [?] 905yc00000
Original balance [?] $643
Current balance [?] $0
Status [?] Paid
Date assigned [?] Jul 01, 2006
Date reported [?] Mar 01, 2008
Date last active [?] Aug 01, 2005
Date paid [?] Not Reported
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Original lender [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] XXXXXX8914
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

Sure you can.  Or you can dispute it as "Paid OC".  If you already paid the OC, the CA can't report.

Also, if you pull the report throught the actual reporting cb, it will probably have all the information (CA, etc.).  I have a collection on EQ that shows like this on MYFICO, but when I look at it on CreditWatch (and TC), the real info shows up.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a very similar looking collection that I "not mine"'d and it worked.  Honestly, how can you contact them to find out what the debt is?  I googled 905yc00000 and nothing came up. 

typeo

Message Edited by chiwiseguy on 04-03-2008 12:35 PM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO  everything on your CR must be 100% accurate!!!  If you paid the OC     I would dispute as *not mine*  as you do not owe anything.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I didn't in fact pay he OC. I paid the CA in Full (STUPID ME!) and then I called the Dr. and offered to pay the collection fees HE paid the CA. I did this no string attaced because it was the right thing to do, but I asked if he would call the CA and say 'Reported in Error' which he never did.

So now it reports like that on MyFico. On TrueCredit there is just left out information in general (Agency, Account #, Original Amount, Origina Creditor, etc etc.)

Do I have anything to lose doing a Not Mine?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a paid collection that is reporting as such. No you have nothing to lose by disputing as ' not mine', and potentially some points to gain by doing so. You can also contact the Dr. and again ask them to instruct the CA to remove the record from your report.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a very similar looking collection that I "not mine"'d and it worked. Honestly, how can you contact them to find out what the debt is? I googled 905yc00000 and nothing came up.
typeo

Message Edited by chiwiseguy on 04-03-2008 12:35 PM

When I got something that looked like that on a MyFICO report, I called the CRA and asked them what was going on, and they gave me full information (name, phone number, etc.).
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It IS accurate - GW the CA, GW the doc, etc
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.