cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Seem to Improve My Credit (sorry, this is a long post)

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Can't Seem to Improve My Credit (sorry, this is a long post)

@Anonymous wrote:

If VZW falls off... they have sold it to a CA. Usually they seem to use AFNI. Just a bit of warning.

actually, if you read my post, verizon already sold to a CA, & they are both reporting on my credit reports. they sold it to midland, actually.

Message Edited by laz98 on 09-28-2008 11:10 PM
Message 11 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

Below 9% is ideal utilization for your FICO. Some have posted that it gets even better at around 1%. You definitely want to go below 9%, though.
It demonstrates that you are responsible and use very little of the credit available to you.

i guess improving my credit will have to wait until i get better cards with real adult-size credit limits. there's no way i can keep these below 10%. that's ridiculous. ok, well it's not really ridiculous, but i am just not able to pay down my balances all at once right now. once i get them down, i will work harder to stop using the cards, but for now, i guess i'm stuck. thanks for the advice.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if you want any new accounts.

but crownjewelers.com doesn't check credit, and they offer pretty decent credit limits with no credit check, use the card for say a silver ring then they report and it will help your utilization tons!
Message 13 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

treski wrote:
Below 9% is ideal utilization for your FICO.  Some have posted that it gets even better at around 1%.
For my credit profile, 9% was the same as 1% and 3%.  I took a score hit for 0%.  Since FICO rounds up, $1 will give you 1% util.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.