cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

You might have too many soft inquires. I've been unable to pull any EQ for a month. I called EQ 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting for them to remove the excess SP's. It's been 10 business days today and it's supposed to be fixed but it's not. Too many SP's makes your file too big and then you can't access it.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had problems with trying to pull my EQ report for About 3 weeks now.

After waiting an initial 10 days for the fix, it suddenly was "fixed," but 2 days later was down again.

i filed another trouble report, with no success.

Meanwhile, my credit report was thrown into locked and I was unable to unlock it.Two days agoI called to report the problem, but before I could say anything, the tech guy told me that they are unable to bring up accounts as their systems were down. The next morning, I called back and the person I talked to tried with no success to unlock my report. She said all she could do is submit a trouble ticket and I'll have to wait 7-10 days for resolution .... again.

The problem is, I'm trying to lease an apartment that uses a lease management company that pulls EQ as part of their screening. I called back to see if a different person might produce better results. This person put me on hold while he went to work his magic. He then told me the report was unlocked, but would take 24 hours before it would take effect. This morning the report was still inaccessible, so I called again. The gal I talked to said my report was unlocked, so I asked if she could update my report for me, as I am still unable to do that myself using my membership interface. She tried but was unable to do so, she said all she could do is submit a trouble ticket (yet another one) and I'd have to wait 7-10 days. After pleading my case about needing to lease the apartment and her talking to her supervisor a couple of times, she gave me a number at their HQ to call.

so I call this number and the guy tells me my report is locked ( in case you've lost tract, the last person I talked to said it was unlocked), but he can't do unlocks, so he transferred me to someone else.

this last guy tried to no avail to unlock my report. Then he informed they have a software glitch that was being worked on as we spoke. When I told him of my lease plight, he said he'd call the back room and see if anyone could fix it immediately so I wouldn't have to wait the 7-10 days. At least he tried. He informed me that there was no way cuz they were still investigating and didn't know what is causing the problem.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week, I tried to get a CLI from one for my CCs, but they were unable to do anything cuz my EQ report was unavailable.

i called the CRA and explained the problems I've been having with my EQ report being unassessable She discussed with her manager, who then came on line and said she was going to contact EQ. I explained my having contacted them numerous times with little success. She assured me she knew somebody inside.

Within 24 hours of her contacting EQ, my account was back up and I was able to update my report, which was

last Friday, Jul 14, and an EQ rep called to personally apologize on that day.

This morning its down again. I called to report this same old problem and their customer support is also, again, unable to pull up my report.

again, a 7-10 business day ticket was issued, no mention of escalating this to a higher priority, which most companies would do with a chronic problem like this. I pressed the guy to escalate it and at first he said all he can do is issue the 7-10 ticket. But after my hassling him a little, he said he would give it the highest priority. I said Thank you and hung up knowing full well that the "highest priority" there is the same 7-10 BUSINESS day turn around.

anyone else having these problems with EQ? 

Message 23 of 26
nelg727
Valued Member

I have had this same issue described from July 13 - to date with no resolution.  Equifax is completely incompetent.

Message 24 of 26
Hex
Valued Contributor

Chances are you have so many SP's on your EQ report that it's full. This only happens with EQ not TU or EX. You have to get EQ to do account maintance and remove the excess SP's. The hardest part is getting them to accept that you have the problem. Don't fall for them saying SP's will fall off in a year and they can't help you because they can and should remove them. If they won't cooperate file a CFPB complaint. That's what I had to do.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

He's, thanks for the heads up on how to get action.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.