cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

Helpful comments by LowKeyOrca.  Thanks.

Bear in mind that yesterday a major piece of the physical infrastructure of Atlanta collapsed in the early evening (during rush hour!).  EQ is headquarted in Atlanta.  It will be unclear how this disaster will play out in terms of impact to businesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if EQ's already existing problems (documented anecdotally in many threads over the last two months) are now worse. 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bear in mind that yesterday a major piece of the physical infrastructure of Atlanta collapsed in the early evening (during rush hour!).  EQ is headquarted in Atlanta.  It will be unclear how this disaster will play out in terms of impact to businesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if EQ's already existing problems (documented anecdotally in many threads over the last two months) are now worse. 

Their databases and technical teams are located in Alpharetta, GA  and St. Louis, MO.

I believe only business/sales operations and a few customer service teams are in Atlanta.

Message 12 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Last year I had problems electronically accessing one of the bureaus for my annual free report (it was either EQ or EX... I'm not sure which).  I requested the report using the mail-in request form, and a couple of weeks later I had the report in my mailbox. 

I agree it's not a perfect solution, but it's a starting point.

Here's a link to the form:  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/manualRequestForm.action

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Their databases and technical teams are located in Alpharetta, GA  and St. Louis, MO.

I believe only business/sales operations and a few customer service teams are in Atlanta.

Alpharetta is basically a suburb of Atlanta.  The website for the city of Alpharetta has a page on it now dedicated to the I-85 collapse and it includes this language:

On March 30, 2017 a key bridge along Interstate 85 near Piedmont Road collapsed following a major fire incident.  According to the Georgia Department of Transportation, approximately 250,000 commuters use the effected section of I-85 each week, many of them residents of Alpharetta.

http://www.alpharetta.ga.us/government/departments/public-works/Transportation-assistance

And yes, whoever designed that page doesn't know the difference between affected and effected.  Where are the grammar police when we need them?

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credtchecktotal didn't work. It said it was facing temporary technical difficulties. When I called them up, they said that while they were able to pull the other bureaus, Equifax does not have a file with that info, and recommended that I contact Equifax directly. In the process of doing that. Their CS is pretty bad.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even the Equifax CSR's can't find a file / verify with the information I provided. They suggested that I fax or mail over a copy of my SSN and DL along with a cover letter over to Equifax Dispute department. Boy, this sucks. Will have to look around for a fax machine.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same situation with you. What number did you use to call Equifax?

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used their standard CSR number - 866 828 5066, and waited till I got connected with a person and enquired about my case.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any suggestions as to how long I should wait after faxing my documents before following up? What is the best method to follow up? Call their frontline CSRs again?

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ servers crashed. I've had problems for about 3 weeks now with EQ not updating my credit reports.

yesterday I submitted an app with a leasing agency that was unable to pull EQ. I went on line and, sure enough, my web interface was not working again.

i called EQ and they immediately informed me, before I had a chance to say anything, that they cannot bring up customer accounts as their servers are down.

this was a live CR who told me this. I checked again this morning, still broken. Anyone else still having problems? What's the deal with EQ? I'm not going to be a happy camper if I lose this lease because of an inability to pull my credit report.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.