Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to get any credit....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to get any credit....

Currently I have one credit card from 1st Premier for $200, and I've only had two latesin two years.  I just applied and was approved for a Kay card for $1000 and a Credit One card for $200.  I can't seem to get approved for anything else, for atleast get a CLI to atleast $500, because they I have insufficient credit history and too many inquires.  Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't seem to get any credit....

high inquiries, short history, and 2 lates in last 24 months mixed with a tight credit market would be ample reason to be unabel to get decent credit right now.  Also, what is the usage on the credit cards you have.  for maximum benefit and FICO scoring you want them under 10% utlization.  I know it sucks on small limit cards, but you got to keep it low when reporting time of the month comes up.

Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Currently I have one credit card from 1st Premier for $200, and I've only had two latesin two years.  I just applied and was approved for a Kay card for $1000 and a Credit One card for $200.  I can't seem to get approved for anything else, for atleast get a CLI to atleast $500, because they I have insufficient credit history and too many inquires.  Any suggestions?

just to be clear, you have had your first premier card for 2 years?

what are your scores?  how much bad stuff do you have on your credit reports?

Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Edit: The darn computer is "updating" and posted without me doing anything, I swear.

Anyway, bigblack welcome to the forums. Anyway, have you read enough on these forums to learn how to utilize your cards to the limit and pay down the balance to 9% util or under before the statement cuts? There are a lot of threads about this on the forums. Good luck and keep util low.
Message Edited by ByrdMan on 10-31-2008 12:27 AM

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.