Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they really do this??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can they really do this??

As everyone here I have been working on improving my credit situation. I had a smal Chase account charged off which has fallen off of my credit reports as it was cahrged off with first deliquency way back in 2008, it feel off a few months ago. I pull my report today and see that Midland has now reported as of 6/25 that it's a collection and are saying it was opened in 2012. Here it is... if they can;t do this what is the best steps to take to get it off my report... I just got all my negatives off and now this! They reported this too TU, EQ and EX.

Account Details
Creditor Contact Details
MIDLAND FUNDING LLC
8875 AERO DR 200
SAN DIEGO, CA
(844) 236-1959
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can they really do this??

When specifically in 2008 was the DOFD?  Might not have expired yet.  

IF it already has then go through the typical procedures, if it hasn't, I'd just wait it out and then get it nuked.

        
Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Can they really do this??

I had the same thing happen with an old account.  I disputed it and after a few weeks it was removed from all the credit bureaus. 

It was a PITA, but thankfully at the time the only card I had was Capital One who doesn't generally take AA due to old collections showing up.  I now have Amex, and if I were to find myself in the same situation they would likely not be as understanding. 

There seems to be a 'theme' with collection agencies and attorneys scrambing to take action right before an account is beyond the SOL or is just about to age off.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.