Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this happen?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Can this happen?

Thanks Scarlet!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 11 of 26
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Even after i send this letter what if they still dont remove it, then what?
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a complaint with the FTC, your State AG, their State AG, etc....

you could not legally sign a contract (and needed parental permission to be treated) - so whoever signed is on the hook for this.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
they should be able to do the math. Your dl will have your date of birth.

With some bill collectors I've dealt with in life, this is a rather dubious assertion.

But yes, that would constitute legal proof of your age...if the CA can't reverse-engineer that, that's on them.
Message 14 of 26
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Received response from CA and they are still saying that i owe this debt they stated that the OC provided information proving that i still owe it! I have requested my Medical Record from the OC but it takes 5-7 business days for them to respond. So my question is, is it to late for me request a Debt Validation? Also should i wait to receive my medical records before i file a complaint with FTC. Also
can someone point out in the FCRA or anywhere stating that a minor can not be responsible for debts etc?

My other CA agreed to a PFD that i sent, the amount on that account is $197 should i fight it with being a minor or should i just pay for it? I can really prove that i was minor on this account.

Ok just to make sure that i am calculating something right here is a little info about my age.

Birthdate: 12/25/86 i was seen by doctor/hospital in 3/3/04 would this make me a minor according to that date? I wouldnt have turned 18 yet in 3/3/04.

Thanks i just dont want these CA to get over on me if i can stop it !
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You became an 'adult' and legally able to sign a contract on Dec 25, 2004. 
Message 16 of 26
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thats exactly what i knew, but just to say what if i did sign something then where would i stand?
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scarlet can confirm, but I believe even if you signed a contract when you were a minor, it is void (i.e., you can't be responsible for it).

Message Edited by masdeocho on 01-17-2008 03:40 PM
Message 18 of 26
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

masdeocho wrote:
Scarlet can confirm, but I believe even if you signed a contract when you were a minor, it is void (i.e., you can't be responsible for it).

Message Edited by masdeocho on 01-17-2008 03:40 PM

Awesome so what should my next step be? A DV? A complaint to the FTC, etc?
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the letter sent now for PFD as an adult. Does that make the op now responsible if they agree to the ops terms? I don't know much at all about these laws, trying to learn my self.

I like the FTC. They may be slower than lawyers but it gives you a whole lot of muscle on your side.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 01-17-2008 04:12 PM
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.