Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you DV a paid collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you DV a paid collection?

I have been lurking around this site since September, I have learned a lot and I have questions regarding DV no matter how much I read about it I'm still confused and I feel stupid for asking.

Can I DV a paid collection? I have two paid collections that I am trying to get off of my credit report

Associated Credit & Collection _
Date paid 05/2006
Date placed for collection 12/2005
Pay Status_payment after charge off/collection
Estimated date item will be removed 10/2012

I sent a letter disputing this account when I first received notice from the apartment that they were trying to get additional funds above my deposit amount. I still have the letter and now that I think about it the Collection company never sent me any information regarding my dispute.

Credit Protection Associates_adelphia now comcast
Date closed 03/2005
Date placed for collection 08/2003
Pay Status: payment after charge off/collection
Estimated date item will be removed: 12/2009
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you DV a paid collection?

It shouldn't hurt.  Daughter first requested verification from CRA, then DV'd her paid collection account for Credit Protection and they deleted.

Here's the letter we sent:

Credit Protection Association, L.P.
13355 Noel Road, STE 2100
Dallas, TX 75240-6837

Re:  Account # xxxxxxxxxxx
       Comcast
Subject: Validation Request
To Whom It May Concern:

Recently I received copies of my credit reports and was surprised to see that your agency has reported the above referenced account to TransUnion, Experian and Equifax credit reporting bureaus.

Since I had no prior knowledge that this account had been reported by your company,   I immediately disputed this information October 25, 2007 with the credit reporting bureaus with the following results.

• On November 10, 2007, TransUnion sent me their Investigation Results (copy attached) claiming verification of this account with your company.                                                                      
  • On November 16, 2007, Experian sent me their Correction Summary (copy attached) claiming verification of this account with your company.                                                                                      
  • Equifax has not yet verified this account information as valid.

Since I believe this account was paid in full at the time I closed the account with Comcast, I must dispute your claim and request that validation be provided.

If your offices are unable to provide validation, please ensure that all references to this account are deleted from my credit files.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide in resolving this matter.

Regards,
Typed Name

Certified Mail# 7007 1490 0003 3075 4824 - Return Receipt
Enclosures:  TransUnion 11/10/07 Investigation Results
                    Experian 11/16/07 Correction Summary
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will try sending a letter.
Message 3 of 4
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

I'm going to try that too. I'll post how it works out.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.