Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you call Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you call Equifax?

Can you call Equifax and ask them when they are going to update something? A delete for a past collections was reported yesterday and as of today it still doesn't show. Can we call and ask them when it will show?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can you call Equifax?

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you call Equifax and ask them when they are going to update something? A delete for a past collections was reported yesterday and as of today it still doesn't show. Can we call and ask them when it will show?

They generally update card balances around 3 days after they receive them. I don't know if it will be the same for a delete.

I'd call, but I'd also be prepared to wait on hold for a while.

When you say "A delete for a past collections was reported yesterday," what does that mean? Reported where?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They reported to all 3 bureau's a request for an account collection delete.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to the collection company and they said they reported the delete on Monday. I spoke with someone at Equifax and was told it could take 24hours to update. If it's not there tomorrow then I don't know what to do at that point it's more than 24hours. She said we could dispute it, but we needs 3pts. despreretly NOW. That can take 45days and I don't have that kind of time. Oh I'm going to loose my mind with this!!!

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, OK, I see, the CA said that they've sent it in. Is it showing on the other two yet, by the way?

I hope that it will be there for you in the morning! If it isn't, you can try a dispute. They don't necessarily take 45 days.

I've had to dispute a store card balance that never would revert to $0, and it updated pretty quickly.

Good luck!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.