cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you post which auto insurance company pulled hard inquiry on your credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post which auto insurance company pulled hard inquiry on your credit?

Hey guys,

In mid July, I will be looking for a new auto insurance, and before getting any quotes, I want to know which auto insurance companies pull hard inquiry on your credit. 

If you can post your experience, I would really appreciate it. If you think it is relevant, you can put your state, too.

I currently have Nationwide Insurance, and I don't know if they pull hard or soft inquiry.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you post which auto insurance company pulled hard inquiry on your credit?

I live in Mass  4insure.net pulled a hard inquiry on my credit
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you post which auto insurance company pulled hard inquiry on your credit?

Texas.  Progressive did a soft pull.  Vicki
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

USAA did not pull a hard. They softed on EQ. I'm in Tennessee; they're HQ'd in Texas.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Esurance does a soft pull through ChoicePoint.  ChoicePoint get its data from Equifax to generate an insurance score.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input guys. I just found out geico.com does soft pull. Also, Nationwide and Allstate pulls Transunion.

Next week I will be shopping around to see if I can get a better rate than Nationwide. I guess an insurance company does soft pull from EQ would be my choice.

I might start from Esurance, then.

Keep the knowledge coming please!

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I use Esurance as my carrier. I switched after a few years with Progressive and my rates got progressively worse. Esurance was about half of what I was paying for the same coverage. I kept with them for a few years and after having a clean record, I tried both with Geico and Progressive and their rates were still higher. So, I stayed put.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.