Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pull too many credit reports?

tag
axnjxn
Established Member

Can you pull too many credit reports?

Over the last week or so, I've been repeatedly pulling my EQ report (pay for unlimited) to see when my CC payments / CLI post so I could app for a new card. I actually pulled my EX and TU by initiating a dispute to fix my last name & birthdate and was able to check those too. Admittedly, I did this a couple times over a few days to see when my corrections applied & when my CC payments / CLI posted.

Now, when I tried to pull my EQ to see the effect of my CC app, they are saying "you already ordered that today" but I've never had this problem before always able to pull mutliple times a day. I tried to get my free credit report from TU and EX (annualcreditreport.com) and they are saying I can't view my report online and I have to mail in.

Do you think I've pulled too many credit reports? I have credit monitoring with EQ and they haven't sent me any warnings of fraud so I don't think my CR have triggered a fraud flag. Is there a limit to how many CR can be pulled in a given time period? Do they freeze your reports? If so, how long does that last?

Starting Score(8/15/13): 607
Current Score(5/20/16): 750
Final Goal Score: 800

Firmly in the Garden starting 7/23/2015 until 7/23/2017
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you pull too many credit reports?

You are only allowed to pull once a day.  You can't pull more than that unfortunately..

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@axnjxn wrote:

Over the last week or so, I've been repeatedly pulling my EQ report (pay for unlimited) to see when my CC payments / CLI post so I could app for a new card.

As far as payments are concerned you should be able to determine when your cards report without daily pulling.  Most cards report on statement date though some report at another fixed point in the month.  The CRA's will take several additional business days to update but the report dates should be the same.  Your report should indicate the last report date.  In some cases a midcycle update might be peformed but generally updates are done once a month.

If you want daily pulls of your reports then use a suitable CMS.  The dispute process is not intended for daily pulls.

Message 3 of 6
axnjxn
Established Member

I know my reporting dates. But the report date means little for timing when the CRA take varying amounts of time to do their update. I was pulling mutliple times to find when the CRA actually performed the update.

Message 4 of 6
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Pulling on your unlimited account every day won't cause any problems. Just realize sometimes they use a 24 hour clock, not just 'crossing midnight'. If you pull at 2:00 today, you can't pull again till 2:00 tomorrow.

Using the dispute process will probably get you locked out from doing disputes, or at least it should. This is not the purpose of starting a dispute.

If you want to pull all 3 every day, there are some services that allow you to do this, such as USAA.

Dan
Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 5 of 6
axnjxn
Established Member

@redbeard wrote:
Pulling on your unlimited account every day won't cause any problems. Just realize sometimes they use a 24 hour clock, not just 'crossing midnight'. If you pull at 2:00 today, you can't pull again till 2:00 tomorrow.

Using the dispute process will probably get you locked out from doing disputes, or at least it should. This is not the purpose of starting a dispute.

If you want to pull all 3 every day, there are some services that allow you to do this, such as USAA.

Dan

Yeah, you're right. I originally did the dispute to correct personal information but when I saw that I got to see my credit report, I went for it again a couple days later to see if my CL & util posted. I won't be doing that again. To be real, though, any document that has that much of a drastic impact on a person's existence in the modern world should be free more than once a year. Really, it should be free once a month. Yeah, yeah, I know that's not how it is, that don't make it right. Nevertheless, I won't be using the dispute anymore unless I really need to.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.