Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling True Credit...

tag
silly34
Regular Contributor

Cancelling True Credit...

My apologies if this has already been posted.  A long while back I had read about the horrors of trying to cancel the True Credit monitoring service.  Well due to more financial difficulty I've decided to try and squeeze a few more pennies by cancelling the service.  I'm curious if anyone has just went into their account and changed the credit card info and saved it so the CC can't be used by True Credit?

If so, did it work?  As a sidenote..does anyone have a good # to cancel service the legit way?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Cancelling True Credit...

Talk to a Customer Service Team member.*      Call toll-free
(800) 493-2392
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to Midnight
Friday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Eastern time

Found this on their web site, I have TC and going to be canceling also.

They changed the scoring numbers,i know they are fake,but now i dont know if my score is going up or down.

Beside $14.95 times 2/ for DH and I is too much. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 25
marty56
Super Contributor

I just cancled mine.  It was quick and painless.  I am going to check out Zendough next month.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I also called their toll-free number and cancelled both for myself and for DW last year without any issues or problems. They didn't ask why and we were done within a couple of minutes.
Message 4 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

marty56 wrote:
I am going to check out Zendough next month.

I looked into it. From what I gather, for the same price as TC now (I think at $14.95), you only get to pull all 3 reports every 3 months and you can only update TU every month, versus everyday. In turn, they give you a decent looking report format and added some more alert services, similar to TUQM's offering.

TC was such an awesome product. I miss the days of pulling all 3 daily.

Message 5 of 25
newstart2010
Blogger

@llecs wrote:

This is why i am in love with USAA's credit monitoring.  can pull all three all day long every day.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 6 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

newstart2010 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

This is why i am in love with USAA's credit monitoring.  can pull all three all day long every day.

I use TC's sister product, NatCity's ID Protect (or whatever they are calling it now). You can pull all 3 daily. DW uses CCT. I guess it was costing TC too much to pull from the other 2.
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

NewStart ... I'm assuming, you have to be a member of USAA ?  Can an outsider pay for the service ???
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Just signed up with USAA!  The only things I can't take Advantage of are Auto and Property Insurance and those are the 2 I really didn't need.  Have an awesome Auto/Property Insurance Plan through Travelers Smiley Happy

I can take advantage of the Credit Monitoring !!!! HERE I COME BABY!!!!!

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:
I just cancled mine.  It was quick and painless.  I am going to check out Zendough next month.

Zendough is also owned by transUnion.

Same monkey, different hairdo.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.