Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dispute with TU?

tag
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Cannot dispute with TU?

I submitted a dispute with TU about a week ago to delete some address and phone numbers for my DW and I. The disputes have been completed, but now whenever I click on Submit Dispute, Check Dispute Status, or View Dispute Results after logging in for either one of our accounts, it keeps redirecting me to a "Request Status" page. After clicking a "Resolution Details" button, it says " No investigations were requested for this credit file". Then I click on a "Details" button and it shows me the updated report but not what changed. I also cannot dispute anymore items.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how long did it take to get the page back like it was before I ever did a dispute?

-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Cannot dispute with TU?

how long as it been since you filed the dispute?  it's my understanding you may only have 1 online dispute at any given time.

Someone else that's been through the process may have more details.

Message 2 of 5
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

You will have to wait 30 days since your credit report with TU was pulled.  From my past experience with TU, when I disputed something and got my results within that 30 day period, I had to wait until my next credit report was able to be pulled.  Now this was filing disputes online.  You may be able to phone in your dispute or send in the mail.  I'm not sure about that since I typically dispute everything online.
Message 3 of 5
iltph
Frequent Contributor

I just had a collection deleted and I really need to get a copy of my TU report in PDF format. Does anyone know how I can just purchase it without having to wait until the 30 days is up since I did an online dispute after getting my free credit report? It just keeps sending me in a loop after I log in and just gives me a report from 1/22.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 4 of 5
m_jonis
Contributor

@iltph wrote:

I submitted a dispute with TU about a week ago to delete some address and phone numbers for my DW and I. The disputes have been completed, but now whenever I click on Submit Dispute, Check Dispute Status, or View Dispute Results after logging in for either one of our accounts, it keeps redirecting me to a "Request Status" page. After clicking a "Resolution Details" button, it says " No investigations were requested for this credit file". Then I click on a "Details" button and it shows me the updated report but not what changed. I also cannot dispute anymore items.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how long did it take to get the page back like it was before I ever did a dispute?

Good luck getting TU to dispute anything.  At least here in NY, when I tried to dispute a few items, I got back a letter from TU stating that they receive the information electronically via tape from the creditors and that they have already verified this information is accurate and that basically they wouldn't do anything and i may have to wait 6 months for the next round of tapes.  Basically they don't care what you dispute and won't do anything about it.

Finally made it to 813
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.