cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the DOFD for an old account.

tag
atl
Contributor

Cannot find the DOFD for an old account.

The account is T-Mobile, and I want to say the DOFD was in 2003, but TU says 2006. I called T-Mobile, and they said that they have no idea, that their records do not go back that far. TU does not have a DOFD on the report.

Any advice? Thanks!

Message Edited by atl on 06-05-2008 03:56 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot find the DOFD for an old account.

Check the other reports...if all have the same DOFD...that's what it is...why do you think it was sooner????...if you have reports with the DOFD...sooner than what it is showing now...you need to dispute it as re-aging...
Message 2 of 4
atl
Contributor

Well, EQ has the DOFD as 2004 and TU has it as 2006.

I will dispute it as re-aging with TU then...thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors are required to report DOFD on negative accounts.

Are you by chance looking at DOLA?

Where are you getting your reports? If you are getting them from a 3rd party seller(TC, myFICO, etc) it may not show this.

You'll have to get your reports straight from the CRA to see this.

It may say something like "this account scheduled to be removed on XXXX" , subtract 7-7.5years from that date.

You can call the CRA and ask for this date, or ask for FCRA compliance date, or for removal date.

Also, go to www.transunion.com and click disputes, click online, go through the process and you can see your report, you don't actually have to submit a dispute.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.