Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant seem to find my answer on here. Help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant seem to find my answer on here. Help please

Can a Collection Company or Junk Debt buyer put a hard pull on your credit report? I know I had saw that on here some where but cant seem to find it when I need it. I have like 66 hard inquires on my Equifax report but have only applied to like 8 of them. A few look like collection agencies and junk debt buyers.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cant seem to find my answer on here. Help please

I don't know if they're supposed to but I had the same situation you did, I paid off all of my collections and every collection company inquiry fell off the same day, don't know what to make of that. Anyone else heard of this?
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

If they own it or assigned to it then yes then can.  Stinks but they can
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Boswd,
Is there a limit to how often they can pull. The ones I paid off and had deleted are still pulling my credit reports like every other month and sometimes in the same month. This is not right I will never get approved for credit at this rate. I cant add any inquiries to my report because they have the numbers so high as it is. How am I supose to rebuild at this point.

Thanks,
Debbie
Message 4 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Call them up and ask.   I would.  I would say something along the lines of , " Why are you checking my credit files every month, when I have paid you off"    I don't know if they can keep doing that  and I would dispute it with the CRA's. 

Unless they might own a different collection account for you.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

as far as I know I only have 2 Collections left and they are hospital bills one is $52.00 and didn't ever receive a bill when that Collection Agentcy called I ask them to send me a bill as I had never received one and he said they appoligized and would notify the ER Doctor right away and that was a few weeks ago and I have not heard from him as of yet to be able to pay that bill I did send a letter to the CB to let them know I had never received a bill and ask for the contact info. The lady said that I would receive an updated credit report when they had made their decision in about 30 days. I thought they had to give you the contact information when you ask not like disputing. But they are with a different Collection Company than the one pulling my credit report.

Debbie
Message 6 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

If you are postive these are hard pulls and not soft pulls,   Call AND  dispute and I would threaten the CA with violations.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I coulda sworn I read on here a while back about a new law which states collection agencies cannot do hard inquiries on credit reports. Am I mistaken?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ask for credit, ins.or employment....hard copy. A CA does not have PP to pull hard copies!
Message 9 of 11
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Happy - I do agree with you, but I'd love to find the FTC Statute that I can quote and send to both the CA and CRAs to get these deleted.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.