Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Sucks

tag
ACJ
Established Member

Cap 1 Sucks

In my quest to get Capt 1 to report my account I tried to get a CL increase to see if it they would report that .Here's there response this account is 17 years ole confirmed . Boy they SUCK .

Information about your account ending in 4143
Creditor: Capital One Bank (USA), N.A.
You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One
®
account. Unfortunately, your
account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to
help you understand why:
·
Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Sucks

What do you mean in a quest to get them to report?  Does the account not get reported?

That denial reason is extremely standard for CO; I've gotten it plenty of times myself as have many others on this forum.  If the account is 17 years old, was it one of your first and was it a "starter" account where perhaps you didn't have the best credit at the time?  Capital One is very well known to never be forgiving of an account that was opened under less than ideal terms.  If your credit scores/profile now is significantly improved over where it stood 17 years ago, I'd look into applying for a new CO card if you really like them as a creditor, as they'll likely approve you with a SL on one of their other cards that's several times what your CL is on your 17 year old CO card.

Message 2 of 8
ACJ
Established Member

They don't report on any of my C-Reports . They stop reporting at all, once I paid the card off 7-8 months ago . I still used them for  small purchases sometimes but they quit reporting any activite.  I called and they said they will start reporting again but I have yet to see it . Just sucks if I was 60 days late they would report that ....

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, on the flipside there are plenty of people that would absolutely love a hidden tradeline... you can run up utilization and not worry about it impacting aggregate utilization.

Message 4 of 8
ACJ
Established Member

Lol . It's proberly some trigger that makes them report . As long as i keep it zero or xxxx amount they won't report . It's killing my AAO which stands at 3yr 6 mon . I have some new cards so they're killing me .

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you mean that the account has not reported any updates in a while, or that it is not appearing at all in your credit report?

I assume the account is still open, and thus not deleted by the CRA under their 10-year housecleaing policy.........

If a revolving account that is open, then making a charge will mandate sending a billing statement under the FCBA.

Wouldn't that likely result in updated reporting to the CRAs?

Why, if deleted, did they delete the account from the CRAs?

Message 6 of 8
ACJ
Established Member

I'm not sure why . I'm thinking it revolves around the balance on the account . IT (SEEMS) that if you don't have a balance of a certin amount and is in good standing they don't report it . That seems to be the case once i paid off the card balance of 1300 off they stop reporting . I had my Fico monthly service billed there and it still didn't show . So, I tried to do a credit limit increase and they said my usage was to low ... So i can only assume that if you don't use it enough they won't report. That Sucks

Message 7 of 8
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@ACJ wrote:

Lol . It's proberly some trigger that makes them report . As long as i keep it zero or xxxx amount they won't report . It's killing my AAO which stands at 3yr 6 mon . I have some new cards so they're killing me .

My AAoA is 5.2 yrs for fico08 scoring and includes closed accounts that are <10 yrs closed. VS as used by Credit Karma uses Average Age of Open Accounts which shows as 3.8 years because of all the newer accounts diluting older ones. Which AA is it that is 3.5 yrs for you? In Fico 08 your Cap1 open account should be included in AAoA wheather it is dormant or not. I know it took some investigating when I first noticed the difference in AA in credit karma vs Myfico, which is why I wondered if maybe CK is where you are seeing this.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.