Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 & local bank GW letters successful

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 & local bank GW letters successful

My scores are pretty good- mid 700's, but I had a couple of old (5-6 years)bad guys from Cap 1 and a local/regional bank (an overdraft protection line of credit). I've been spotless in my payments to them for the past 5-6 yrs. I followed the templates posted by tuscani and got them both deleted. I can't believe that they worked. I figured that if the bad reporting was correct, you just had to ride out the seven years. Thanks to tuscani and other members of this board for the advice and counsel. This forum is outstanding.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 & local bank GW letters successful

I agree - this board is absolutely wonderful. I think that the credit scoring system is unfair - there should not be three agencies reporting scores.  You don't have three criminal records for the same state or three traffic records for the same state.  Furthermore, in the previous two instances, due process allows you the opportunity to state your case before your are penalized.  The credit scoring system is the only system out there where you are penalized and "found guilty as charged" before being given adequate opportunity to defend any allegations against you.  Incidentally and oddly enough, for most misdemeanor crimes (poss. marijuana, battery), you can have the conviction expunged after one year.  But with credit reporting it is 7 years - way too onerous and obviously a system implemented by people who have never had to struggle in life. I really hope that whoever is elected president and our new congress implement changes to this system.  I think it is up to us to put the pressure on them - arguing and debating amongst ourselves is great since it is useful but many of these issues need to be aired and presented to the people who we elect and whose job it is to propose and enact legislation to protect their constitutents.

All that to say, I really do appreciate the advice on this board but find it ironic and unfortunate that we are helping to fuel the very system that we detest by logging on to myfico.com and playing the game.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you philosophically. However, I would have to state that the negative reports were properly submitted; i.e. I really did screw up. I am just happy that the GW letters worked. Thanks for your thoughts.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taz,

Good work..  Who did you send your capital one gw's to and how long did it take for them to respond?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Taz,

Good work..  Who did you send your capital one gw's to and how long did it take for them to respond?

I second this question... I sent some off to Cap One about a week and a half ago... no reply yet.  Did you send to a specific person, address, department???

Message Edited by Jamesus81801 on 07-28-2007 04:36 AM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent it to: Capital One Services Attn: Credit Reporting Department PO Box 30281 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0821 and the greeting was to to "Dear Credit Services Professional," My response came from Capital One, PO Box 85049, Richmond, VA, 23286-9228, so it might have gotten diverted there for processing.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would add that it took about 12 days for the reply, which was quicker than I thought.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, sweetheart.. I will try this route.  

Eve
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took 'em 34 days to tell me they are reporting correctly. Duh! I didn't dispute anything - I GWd them. It aint the last they're gonna hear from TexMontana!Smiley Mad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.