Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Credit Card and military service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Credit Card and military service

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice. In late 2002 I had a Cap One card and while training in the field one week I lost my wallet with everything in it. I called Cap One and informed them of the situation. They told me that when I paid my balance in full they would close that account and give me another one. Well I went to Iraq and had the account paid in full and closed by March of 2003. I got back in the states around July of 2003 and called to confirm that the balance was paid in full and the account closed. Well I did another tour and came home in Oct 2004 and in November I recieved a Cap One card with a $1600 bill and on top of that it was not sent to my mailing address that I had given them on the application as a matter of fact the adress it was sent to was not even on the application. What should or can I do about this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Credit Card and military service

Welcome to the Forum. You will need to contact Cap One's fraud department.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Credit Card and military service

As stated contact the Cap1 fraud unit.  If that doesn't work then file a police report (ID THEFT)   This can be sent to Cap1 and the CRAs.

In the future do everything in writing. This way you have proof that you notified whoever.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-28-2009 10:48 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.