Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Prequal

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Cap One Prequal

Maybe this is Cap Ones response to the CARD Act of 2009, but they just updated their pre-qualify system and I am now excluded from using it. Why? Because you can "only receive pre qualified offers if you are 21 or older". REALLY? Has anyone else had issues with this or noticed this new update? It didn't do this last week when I tried. 

I swear sometimes I HATE the CARD act, because it makes it infinite times harder to establish good credit history when you WANT to be ahead of your peers by the time you graduate. Smiley Mad

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Prequal

@14Fiesta wrote:

Maybe this is Cap Ones response to the CARD Act of 2009, but they just updated their pre-qualify system and I am now excluded from using it. Why? Because you can "only receive pre qualified offers if you are 21 or older". REALLY? Has anyone else had issues with this or noticed this new update? It didn't do this last week when I tried. 

I swear sometimes I HATE the CARD act, because it makes it infinite times harder to establish good credit history when you WANT to be ahead of your peers by the time you graduate. Smiley Mad

i am not as young as you are , but i did try pre qual link on their cap one.I was able to get pre qual offer for quicksilver. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

i am not as young as you are , but i did try pre qual link on their cap one.I was able to get pre qual offer for quicksilver. 

See the problem is when it prompts me to enter my DOB, it flags it and says I am under 21, and it won't let me proceed any farther.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 3 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

With your scores, you will get any Cap1 card you like assuming you have the income and your current cards have aged a little.  Cap1 is very friendly for little credit history.   I know a CD pre-approval is not as solid as one actually by the CCC, but you really don't need it for Cap1.  Besides, two CC's is all you really need to start building your credit.  If you really want to prepare for a mortgage once you graduate, look at a shared secured loan or auto loan assuming you do not have any installment loans.

Message 4 of 5
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Hmm that seems like it's new. 

I'm sure you can call/chat their customer service and see. The reps, at least on chat, seem to have the same information availible to them. I'm under 21 also, but as you're probably aware, as long as you can prove you have a steady income, you are exempt from having a co-signer.

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.