Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Remove Lates

tag
emily504
Established Member

Cap One Remove Lates

I called Capital one about my lates which I don't even reliaze there is a charge on my card. I alwats on time and been paying off full every one. The ladies said they are submit the request/appeal to the credit report to remove the late but it is up to credit report whether they want to remove the late or not. Should I just wait and see for another month or I should call credit report? Any advice? 

My current fico score is 800+

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap One Remove Lates

The CRAs dont question updated reporting by a furnisher unless their is clear indication that it is inappropriate.

Furnishers are required by statute to update their prior reporting if they find it to be inaccurate, and the CRAs are not parties to such determinations.

Creditors dont appeal the accuracy of their own reporting.  That is just plain silly.

One possible situation where a CRA might question the appropriateness of a reported deletion is if the furnisher states that it is accurate, but is deleting based on the consumer payment of the debt.  Such deletions are contrary to CRA policy, and they could question such a reporting.

However, furnishers are not required to provide a reason when updating their reporting, so that hypothetical does not arise, at least to my knowledge.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.