Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one not reporting to TU

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Cap one not reporting to TU

I opened an cap one secured card over the summer. It has reported twice to equifax and three times to experian, but hasn't reported to TU yet. What are my options to get this resolved because i think Cap one and TU are both giving me the run around. At first Cap one told me to dispute the account thru TU, but I got an letter back saying everything on the account has been verified. I called cap one again and they told me to call TU since it wasn't an problem with them. TU says they will now dispute it, but I am not sure anything will come of it. I was thinking of canceling the card, but I already got the triple pull from Cap one so the damage is done already. What options do i have ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap one not reporting to TU

Is your information on your TU report accurate? Ie name, address etc? If so, ask Cap 1 to do an off cycle report.
Keep in mind, lenders are not required to report to the CRAs; only that if they report the information must be accurate.
Message 2 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Is your information on your TU report accurate? Ie name, address etc? If so, ask Cap 1 to do an off cycle report.
Keep in mind, lenders are not required to report to the CRAs; only that if they report the information must be accurate.

yes everything that i know of is accurate on my TU report, the only reason i was asking is that cap one was promoting that they report to all three 3 cra. I will check and see if there are any changes in new few weeks or so . 

Message 3 of 7
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 generally does report to all 3. That's why the poster was asking about your personal info at TU. The bureaus use that info to match the records. As suggested you may ask Cap 1 to do an off cycle report and see if that catches it. If not their Executive Office is great at solving problems.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

TU AND EQUIFAX takes forever to update anything lol CapOne reports to all three, Experian updates the next day, EQ/TU takes a few days/weeks etc.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

TU AND EQUIFAX takes forever to update anything lol CapOne reports to all three, Experian updates the next day, EQ/TU takes a few days/weeks etc.

Yeah i know TU takes forever and an day to report:-( but EX and EQ had reported for two months already, so i was unsure about why TU wasn't getting updated as well. Now it looks like TU is finally reporting I don't know if that phone call was the cause or is was just coincedental. 

Message 6 of 7
seattleitbofh

I'm in the same boat - auto loan open since early June, TU only shows the first month and nothing for July and Aug :/

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.