Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one - what should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one - what should I do?

I had a cap one card with a 200 CL. It went to collections in 2002. I paid it in full - after interest it was $1200. This was before I read this forum....anyways, it was paid off in 2005. Now, it shows the account as deragatory but  paid collection and many lates and the collection is showing as paid collection and then there is one cap one listed in good standing - as the one I paid back.

I want to get the derog cap one fixed on my CR. How do I go about this? Should I GW and if so, do I just say that I paid it back and ask if they could remove the derog?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one - what should I do?

overwhelmed wrote:
I had a cap one card with a 200 CL. It went to collections in 2002. I paid it in full - after interest it was $1200. This was before I read this forum....anyways, it was paid off in 2005. Now, it shows the account as deragatory but  paid collection and many lates and the collection is showing as paid collection and then there is one cap one listed in good standing - as the one I paid back.

I want to get the derog cap one fixed on my CR. How do I go about this? Should I GW and if so, do I just say that I paid it back and ask if they could remove the derog?

You can try to GW Cap one but I understand chances are slim. Are the derogs accurate from the time period in which the account was derog?  If so they can be reported that way. The good news is that now that they are paid of there is n chance for them to be sold to new CAs.  They will effect your scores less and less as time passes.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm glad it's paid off. Even if it was for $1000 more than what was charged. On one report, the date open shows 2001 but I didn't even get the card until 2002. But, yes, the derogs are mostly correct. It is showing as late for almost two years on my report.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may seem overwhelming right now but trust me the road is not as long as it seems.

HTH
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

what should I say in my GW? I was going through a very bad time when this debt occurred and lost half of my income. Should I just say that? Is cap1 not so forgiving?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani had a great sticky about GW letters and a sample.  Let me see if I can find the link

Found it

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-15-2007 10:51 AM
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!

I have several more accounts like this but one at a time....
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're awesome. thank you!!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - I have more questions!

1. On my CR's, it shows paid charge off, late 180+ days, derog... etc.
When I send the GW, do I ask to completely remove all negative info or specifically ask for listing account in good standing?

2. I don't have an account number. Is it okay to just put my SS#?

3. I have an address from my CR as Glen Allen, VA. Does anyone have a better address or fax number?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:
Sorry - I have more questions!

1. On my CR's, it shows paid charge off, late 180+ days, derog... etc.
When I send the GW, do I ask to completely remove all negative info or specifically ask for listing account in good standing?

2. I don't have an account number. Is it okay to just put my SS#?

3. I have an address from my CR as Glen Allen, VA. Does anyone have a better address or fax number?

Not sure which address you are looking for. The GW should be sent to the original creditor.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.