Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 GW Success or coincidence?

tag
unkfrank
Valued Member

Cap1 GW Success or coincidence?

Back in 2004, I missed a payment by a few days on a Cap1 CC, and that was my only late payment since my Ch.7 in '98. Up until recently, I (I know, for shame) didn't really pay close attention to my FICO scores and reports. Anyway, I signed up with NC Identity Protect, and as of October and November, that account was the only one showing a late in the last 7 years. So just to try, I sent a GW letter to Cap1 asking them to remove it from all the reporting agencies. Checking my report this morning, I noticed that according to TU, I have no lates in the last 7 years on that account, but I still have it showing as late on EX and EQ. So maybe this means the GW letter worked?

My question - and I guess I will find out for sure next month - but do the different agencies report these or update these things at different times of the month? I don't think the late would have fallen off by itself this soon, would it?
My Last(???) 3 Score FICO:
2/12/09: TU: 718 :: EQ: 724 :: EX: 728
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 GW Success or coincidence?

Cap1 will remove a 30 day late if everything else is in good shape with them.

If EQ and EX don't update soon I would call Capone on the back line.

I have seen HUGE differences between post BK with lates and post BK with no lates-
Message 2 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

CAP1 certainly seems more forgiving these days.
Message 3 of 9
unkfrank
Valued Member

Thanks, Timothy. I'll check things next month and see what happens. I figure that if it is dropped off either EQ or EX, then it's a timing issue and not be as worried.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read your post twice so I don't think I could have missed it but when did you mail off your GW letters? Sort of figured that'd be the first question. I'm curious cause I mailed mine off a week ago.
Message 5 of 9
unkfrank
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I've read your post twice so I don't think I could have missed it but when did you mail off your GW letters? Sort of figured that'd be the first question. I'm curious cause I mailed mine off a week ago.

I mailed my GW letter around the end of October/first couple of days of November (I'd have to find my copy to be sure, but I know it was mailed around then). Not sure exactly when the status changed on TU, as I only checked it a couple of days ago and found the late dropped. They never notified me in any way what or if anything they were going to do.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have Score Watch so it's typical to find out before receiving a letter. The companies aren't going to send you notification about a change until after it has been implemented. This one time I got a credit limit increase which I noticed because I long into my online citicard account daily and the next day my score went up 7 points and then 2 days later I got the letter in the mail. So if you have one of these programs, I'd expect to find out before ever getting a letter. You know ... snail mail and all.
Message 7 of 9
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

I just got a letter from MAF Collection stating they will be deleting an old collection from all 3 bureaus. Very anxious to see how it moves my FICO.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a GW letter to Cap1 Auto Finance on last month on the 19th for a 30 day late. Im hoping they will change it to paid never late.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.