Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Playing Games

tag
roscoe211
Established Member

Cap1 Playing Games

So I've had my Cap1 MC for about 7 months. I started with a 300$ cl, I got the automatic increase to $500 after three months. Since then I have been approved for the Amex business card with the unlimited 5% cash back on gas purchases with a 3000$ cl. I also have a Chase card which started at $400 cl, then I asked for a CLI after 6 months and they raised it to $3500, they said try again in 6 months and they will more than likely double that as long as I continue to pay in full every couple of months. I also have a WAMU MC with a $1500 cl.

I have a mortgage in good standing and an auto loan, but some baddies from 4-5 years ago when I was 18 and stupid.

SO I decided I no longer need my Orchard bank card at $300 and My Cap1 card. I closed my Orchard card.

Next I call Cap1, tell them I want to close my account. They ask why, I say due to low cl. They offer to raise it to a $1000 cl, I say no thanks just close it, it has a zero balance. The CSR agrees and reads the disclosure, I say "is that it, are we done?" She says yeah.

That was a week ago. I go onto Cap1's website today to check my account, to see if it is still open. Surprise, surprise... It shows I now have a $4500 cl!!!!! I thought it was closed?!?! The card is already cut up into a million pieces and in my garbage can. I was thinking about keeping it open and not using it just for the UTL benefits. Then I remembered, Cap1 doesn't report limits, just high balances.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with Cap1? I know they are bottom feeding scumbags, but this is just amazing and probably illegal.

Message Edited by roscoe211 on 06-22-2007 09:11 PM

Message Edited by roscoe211 on 06-22-2007 09:57 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Playing Games

roscoe211 wrote:
Has anyone else had an experience like this with Cap1? I know they are bottom feeding scumbags, but this is just amazing and probably illegal.

Unless you can dig something outta FCRA, I doubt there's anything illegal about it. Just some of the games many of the CCCs play.

Is there a balance still on it or is it PIF?

I seem to recall Cap 1 won't actually close out an account and report it closed for some period of time. Might be a billing cycle. Might be as long as 90 days.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol...So I have to call CAP1 and tell them to cancel my cards before I can get a cli?Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt there is cause for concern. Just make sure you follow-up if it doesn't show as closed next month.
Message 4 of 6
oracleicom
Valued Member

FYI...I have a Cap1 card and a rep told me a couple of months ago that they are going to start reporting cl starting the end of this year...I would just keep the card open and see what happens in a couple of months.  Plus I called a couple of days ago to dispute an inaccurate balance on my cr and info, and the rep told me to check my acct in 30 days it should show a cl being reported.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
lol...So I have to call CAP1 and tell them to cancel my cards before I can get a cli?Smiley Mad

Heh, if they're gonna play rough like that, I'm crying Uncle.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.