Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 has no records past 12 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 has no records past 12 months?

Hey guys,
I called Cap1 today to activate a new card, and since I got what seemed like a nice rep, I asked about a goodwill adjustment on a 30 day late showing for June 06. She put me on hold and after about 15 minutes a supervisor came on. I explained what I wanted, and she looked it up and said "she could not see anything past 12 months" on my account, and there were no notes on the account EVER been late. I told her that this was hurting my CRs and she said she would request a copy of the June 2006 statement, send it to me, and if it was not late, I should write to their "General Correspondence" address requesting this to be fixed asap, and include a copy of such statement.
Has anyone had this experience with Cap1? Are they not keeping records of account information older than a year? I'm curious to actually see the statement, since it sounded like they didn't have it.

-d
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 has no records past 12 months?

No- but it is logical for them to only have a limited amount of information "at the terminal" to keep the speed of their systems running fast.

They have a TON of accounts doing millions of transactions-

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys,
I called Cap1 today to activate a new card, and since I got what seemed like a nice rep, I asked about a goodwill adjustment on a 30 day late showing for June 06. She put me on hold and after about 15 minutes a supervisor came on. I explained what I wanted, and she looked it up and said "she could not see anything past 12 months" on my account, and there were no notes on the account EVER been late. I told her that this was hurting my CRs and she said she would request a copy of the June 2006 statement, send it to me, and if it was not late, I should write to their "General Correspondence" address requesting this to be fixed asap, and include a copy of such statement.
Has anyone had this experience with Cap1? Are they not keeping records of account information older than a year? I'm curious to actually see the statement, since it sounded like they didn't have it.

-d

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.