Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1

I just curious, when I contacted cap1 the other day to find out the correct ca info, they refused to talk to me about this account other than talk to the ca.  If they have been paid by the ca for this supposed account, then why are they still allowed to report this account as open on my credit report with 4 yrs of 150+ days late?

Message Edited by nfg on 11-16-2007 05:07 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1

I don't understand C1 either.  I had an account with them that then got included in my Ch. 7 bankruptcy 3 years ago.  Since my bankruptcy, they have given me 2 cards with $800 limits each!  I've paid them all on time.  My bankruptcy account with C1 reports negatively each month with a recent reporting date -- even though it does show the bankruptcy in comments.  All my other bankruptcy accounts just show the 2004 date.  Why on earth is C1 still reporting each month is beyond me.  Then they went and gave me 2 more cards??! 
Message 2 of 8
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

nfg wrote:
I just curious, when I contacted cap1 the other day to find out the correct ca info, they refused to talk to me about this account other than talk to the ca.  If they have been paid by the ca for this supposed account, then why are they still allowed to report this account as open on my credit report with 4 yrs of 150+ days late?

Message Edited by nfg on 11-16-2007 05:07 AM

I wish it was more clear regarding how these accounts are allowed to be reported.  My gf, for example, had a collection with Credit One Bank as the OC.  They were each indicating a past due balance, so it made it seem like she owed $1400 instead of $700.

After disputing with Credit One, they came back as 'updated'.  Ex and Eq changed it to "past due $0, sold to collections agency" and Tu changed to "past due $700, sold to collections agency".  Unfortunately, I don't know how you can get the C1 reporting fixed because it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to how this works.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies.  I'm not sure how they can't get away with this either.  What I do know is what won't be in my wallet when my credit is better.  I am writing down everyone that has denied me within the last six months and I am going to try my hardest to never have an account with them.  When and If I get any pre-approval offers in the mail, I'll write THEM a letter stating the reason why I won't do business with them.  Let them go F*** themselves.
Message 4 of 8
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

nfg wrote:
Thank you for your replies.  I'm not sure how they can't get away with this either.  What I do know is what won't be in my wallet when my credit is better.  I am writing down everyone that has denied me within the last six months and I am going to try my hardest to never have an account with them.  When and If I get any pre-approval offers in the mail, I'll write THEM a letter stating the reason why I won't do business with them.  Let them go F*** themselves.

Isn't it too bad that there's no penalty for them 'applying' for your business with the pre-approval offers?  It would be great if the guys in the marketing departing are saying "should we send nfg the pre-approval?" and a co-worker says "I only want to use an inquiry if I know she'll take us!" :-D
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

aww. its nice to daydream sometimes huh?  Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what would happen if I wrote the credit bureaus stating that I wanted the account updated to charged off since it was sold to a ca.  It's amazing when I call about this account that they swear is mine, they refuse to talk to me, but the credit bureaus are able to verify it over the computer.
Message 7 of 8
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

nfg wrote:
I wonder what would happen if I wrote the credit bureaus stating that I wanted the account updated to charged off since it was sold to a ca.  It's amazing when I call about this account that they swear is mine, they refuse to talk to me, but the credit bureaus are able to verify it over the computer.

My gf is currently disputing with TU on the Credit One account that was charged off.  She did an online dispute and checked (i think) 'transferred to another company' and 'incorrect past due balance'.  Something to that effect, indicating that it was sold with a $0 balance.  She hasn't heard back yet, so I don't know if it'll work.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.