Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC - Dispute

tag
jroxy5
Established Member

Re: Capital One CC - Dispute

I had a similar incident with Capital One. 

1. When you call, speak to a manager.

2.  Request for a No Longer in Dispute letter (which states you are not in dispute with Capital One and can send to all three CRA via Certfied mail only)

3. Get a copy of your CR in question.

4. Write down everything you need before you call, so you will not forget.  Also, Be very nice and respectful with them. Make them feel like He/She is the only one who can help you...  "Play the Game"

5. Attempt to speak with one of their representatives in Central or South American.  Very, Very, Very, Nice People by far..... 

Each time I spoke with someone in Central or South America,  the outcome has always been positive.

Example: I had Negative late payments removed (12 months old) and had a dispute removed with no problems and 6 months later, they increased my line of credit by $2000; for which the manager told me the best time Capital One is more likely to give credit increase (October thru December) and what a person should be doing 6 months prior to the request for credit increase.  Such as paying down your balance in a steady fashion and below 30% at least 3 times over the 6 months....

In addition, I used a Loan Broker who fix credit for free here in Calfornia, who had many things update on my credit report in 3 days. She told me what to pay and not pay. She also warns, Disputes with Open Accounts are not a good thing.  Or to pay off certain Debt, which  could mess up your abiity to get a Mortagage Loan.  Which I learned is true...

I hope this will help you in some manner.

Message 11 of 20
jroxy5
Established Member

Capital One gave me a $2000 increase while  I was in the middle of getting my loan.  It did not hurt me, just as long as I did not go over 30%

Message 12 of 20
ladyvwj
New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback @jroxy5

Message 13 of 20
snugglebug
Valued Member

Hi ladyvwj,

I just wanted to add a suggestion....  If you have Facebook, please utilize the Cap One site. I had originally called them about my account being listed as an AU when I was the owner.  They submitted a "dispute" which I didn't want to do.  Then I called the CRA's to have the dispute comments removed.  They removed them, but then Cap One went and put them back on.  This took months between calling Cap One and the CRAs to say "hey, I am NOT in dispute."  Finally, I decided to message them on Facebook. The response time was super quick, and they had everything taken care of within 24hrs.  Done.  And sooooooo much easier!! Good luck! 

Message 14 of 20
ladyvwj
New Contributor

Thank you @snugglebug for the feedback. I will try it!

Message 15 of 20
ladyvwj
New Contributor

What a dissappointment! I contacted Capital One today to find out the status of my letter. Their response was: "we have a major issue because we cannot send you a  letter that confirms removal of "late 30" since we will be unable to do so...what's been reported cannot be changed."

So after asking to be transferred to a supervisor and getting the same speech, I just gave up and had them issue a removal of "account in dispute" which they said would take another 10 business days. Yes, whatever...

Immediately after I get off the phone with them I contacted the 3 major CRB. The result I received:

Experian will take 24-72 hours to update removal

Equifax will take 48-72 hours

Transunion happened instantly

In the meantime, I've sent my lender a LOE for the "late 30" since it looks like I won't be able to remove that.

My last question is: how do I find out without running my report again if it's been done? Or should I just have my lender conduct a rapid rescore after 72hours?

Message 16 of 20
ladyvwj
New Contributor

Update: I called all 3 CRB to confirm that the comment has been removed. I hope that is the case when my lender re-runs my credit after the 30th!

Message 17 of 20
snugglebug
Valued Member

@ladyvwj wrote:

Update: I called all 3 CRB to confirm that the comment has been removed. I hope that is the case when my lender re-runs my credit after the 30th!

Yay! Nice when something is (semi) easy!!  Just want to forewarn you... If it is in Cap One's system that you are "in dispute," then that's how they will report once your next statement cuts.  I know this because the same thing happened to me.  I called all 3 CBs and had the comments removed successfully, only to find out that Cap One reported "in dispute" again once my statement cut. If by chance it happens to you, please please use the FB social media route and inform them.  Don't call Cap One again!!! They will just create another dispute. Good luck with your house!! 

Message 18 of 20
ladyvwj
New Contributor

I finally received the letter from Capital One verifying that they will remove the comment. My LO tells me that will suffice evn if it still shows up on my CR when they do the final pull. Let's hope it doesn't come back!

Message 19 of 20
snugglebug
Valued Member

@ladyvwj wrote:

I finally received the letter from Capital One verifying that they will remove the comment. My LO tells me that will suffice evn if it still shows up on my CR when they do the final pull. Let's hope it doesn't come back!

Whaahoooo!! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.