Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Tracker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Tracker

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

My tracker literally still shows the same old info from months ago. It's on par with how slow MyFico is on updates.

In my slightly over a month(currently) with each, I can say about the same.   It may still be my original score, whereas the TU on MyFico has updated a few times, although less and more slowly than the other 2 bureaus.  (I was quite busy that first month, with kind of a slow motion app spree, and trying to make sure I showed up as an AU on a card.  I kind of felt like it was a video game of sorts). 

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it worthless, however.  Personally, I'd have to take more time before I reach any conclusion.  At this point I certainly wouldn't rely on it for any important decisions, but otherwise it's too soon for me to have a solid opinion, personally.

As others have alluded too, the scores can be accurate for whatever model generated them, at that time.  However, I've experienced a bit of frustration and curiosity during my first month watching the TU.  Who knows how many changes it went through before it refreshed?  It was kind of humorous to see myfico report an iquiry and see my score increase.

On the myfico 3b, it was interesting to see all of the other FICO scores, and how some had me rated more highly in terms of catogy("good"), then the fico 08's.  On that note: 

I'm relatively new around here, and am curious if there is a post/thread that lists which scoring models each lender uses for their products?  I don't like to suggest anything new without asking such things, because on another board I was treated quite abusively when I did.... so I will make sure to ask first if such a compilation exists.  I was a bit surprised to find out what Barclays used, and it surely wasn't fico 08.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Captain J theres tons of threads suggesting which models certain companies use. I suggest googling myfico followed by whatever your looking for. And we're nice here so no worries. Welcome 😁

I don't even check my capital one tracker anymore. I finally did after not looking for months, and it still has me in the 500s with myfico scores below. The only thing its kinda useful for is reporting inquiries, but i have that with myfico, credit karma, and others.
Message 12 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Totally worthless in my case, has me at TU 642 for over a year, myFICO TU 758, even Credit Karma is TU 764 using vantage score. Capital One doesn't even use it as I've had apps approved that come back listed at 727 while their "tracker" continue to say 642. 

I understand the "different flavors" but I think Capital One uses their to justify their higher APR's on cards - totally worthless !

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is my Cap1 credit score is almost always lower than all the others I track.  Sometimes fairly significantly lower, anywhere from 30-70 points lower.  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.