Did you mean: 

Capital One GW letter and EQ Increase

tag
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Capital One GW letter and EQ Increase

So I sent out a GW letter to cap1 3 days ago and this morning I get this:

Score Change 11/16/2007 Archive Alert
View/Hide Details Your score has changed from 617 to 623. View alert details for more information about why your score changed.

Account Information 11/16/2007 Archive Alert
View/Hide Details The following changes were reported for your CAPITAL ONE account:-
Past Due Amount Changed from N/A to N/A

The card has been paid in full for some time. I asked them to remove my lates from 2 years ago, and they didnt but they did something and I cant figure out what they did because it gave me 5 points on eq. The other companies havent seen anything yet. Anyone know anything about it?

HSBC did the same thing to me the other day but it didnt cause a rise. I had perfect history with them though.

Message Edited by gNaRKiLL on 11-16-2007 10:03 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GW letter and EQ Increase

Hey! Super congrats! Cap1 has a reputation of not removing lates. You did well. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I would assume the increase in points was because you got the GW.  Monitoring is very screwy at best, and does not show the whole picture.  Possibly, Cap1 took this as a dispute and so that account was taken out of scoring which resulted in a point increase... but I doubt that was the case.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 4
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

I think they deleted the high balance and credit limit and just made it so my high balance was my credit limit.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.