cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Question

tag
kgibs02

Capital One Secured Card Question

A couple of years ago I opened a captial one secured card with a $300 limit to help rebuild my credit. Unfortunately I did not maintain the card like I should have and it's now showing negatively on my CR (past due's, late fees, etc). Any chance capital one will let me pay what I owe, maybe GW it off my CR or possibly reestablish the card into good standing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Secured Card Question

@kgibs02 wrote:

A couple of years ago I opened a captial one secured card with a $300 limit to help rebuild my credit. Unfortunately I did not maintain the card like I should have and it's now showing negatively on my CR (past due's, late fees, etc). Any chance capital one will let me pay what I owe, maybe GW it off my CR or possibly reestablish the card into good standing?

Capital One does not do PFD but you are free to pay them off as a paid CO looks much better on manual review, I will advise you that if its not updating on a monthly basis now it will drop your score once they update the TL to paid was CO status. Closed accounts cannot be re opened that goes for good and ones that have been COed. Good luck Smiley Happy

Adding: Once its paid you would start campaign of GW letters to get the TL removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.