cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture "Under Review". Any approval stories?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture "Under Review". Any approval stories?

Hello all-
I often lurk, take notes, jump up and down with happiness, or bang my head on the wall over my credit situation. While I have made great strides, and without boring you all to tears, I have a question. (FICO EX:679/TU:686/EQ688 / 90 day late from '10 and roughly 5 good cards with mild to decent limits.

The meat of this question is that I have really wanted the Cap One Venture and waited until some inquiries fell off. I was preapproved (i know, I know...) and CK odds were very good.

I got the "app is under review" and I'm wondering if that is the death rattle of my hopes. I have 2 cap one cards that have never been late and have had auto increases. I also finance my car through Cap One.

Does anyone have any suggestions for recon or stories of the happy kind?

I'll be thrilled if I wind up with this one, because then I'll be gardening straight through 2016!!

Any advice would be great and thanks ahead of time. This site and all the good advice has been vital in my progress.

😉
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture "Under Review". Any approval stories?

Usually, it's a denial. Sometimes, though, it's a verification issue. Do you have any of your files on ice? 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean frozen? (I'm not that savvy with the lingo-sorry!)  No.  However, I wrote an email to EO and hope it has a chance to realy be reviewed.  It happened to me with mt Quicksilver, but I just let it ride, and it took like 2 weeks, but this is a different league.  Here's to hoping.  Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry OP- yesterday when I applied from preapproval I was approved but it has been a year since my last approval with them and the application process after you hit submit at first made me think it was going to say under review, but then bounced to a new screen where it went through a several check marks until approval. 

I would say that the cap1 site prequal is golden unless you have 5 cards already, something has changed in your CR or you were recently declined 2 times in the past month. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response!  I sent an email explaining why that card (for work travel) is the one I want.  Also gave a brief description of how my score and responsible spending/payments have grown strong over the last two years.  Many dislike CapOne, but I have had good experiences, and they took me on when my credit was not so sexy.   I received a call 3 hours later from the EO and she said she is contacting the approval department to inquire why it is still pending.  She was very nice, and said I should hear back in a few days max.  Fingers crossed.  As for the other criteria you described-I have two Cap One cards presently-a QS One and a Secured (had two CLI's on that one, which was bizarre, considering I never requested it!), my credit should maintain the same, and I was prequalified on the site.  No late payments and utilization at around 20% with payments to zero each month.

It's a bizarre game, but a necessary one.  Either way, I will be will a dirty girl digging in the garden for the forseeable future.

Thanks again.  I love this community.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.