Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One changes to 25 day cycle.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One changes to 25 day cycle.

Just got off the phone with Crap one.
I wanted to know why my statement had not posted yet.
It seems they have been working for some time to change from 30 day cycles to 25 day cycles.

What does this mean? 5 less days to pay them and 5 less days to carry a balance.
My new statement date is 9th.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One changes to 25 day cycle.

More money in the form of interest for them is what it means, especially if they shorten the grace period.

That gives 14.6 billing cycles in a year now, as opposed to 12.1.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoulSmilen wrote:
More money in the form of interest for them is what it means, especially if they shorten the grace period.
That gives 14.6 billing cycles in a year now, as opposed to 12.1.

It seems they will still only bill 12 times per year.

Mine- Due by 2nd statement on the 9th.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They seem to be doing a bunch of weird things.

On one of my DW accounts- her last statement was 5/28 but there is a new statement listed on the account for 6/5 that is "not available".

Anyone else having funning things going on with these guys?

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-10-2007 01:34 PM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me.

I think a lot of people are going to get hit with late fees etc because of the new shortened payment cycles.

Screw em. I have a $3000 high balance with $0 on it right now and I am keeping the account open for debt utilization issues, but I have already cut the card up. They can go sit and spin for all I care.

Message 5 of 10
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Wink  I shredded my C1 a while back.  Just working on paying it off now.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and paid off the last two CAP1 cards last week. I have three and they all now show a $0 balance.  I have had them since 2003 and paid on time or before time every month and always more than the minimum...CLI non-existant..So I'll just sock drawer them and see what happens.
On a happier note, I called WAMU last week and inquired as to when they review for CLI. I didn't think the rep had a clue and just kept repeating something about occasional reviews automatically. So I just said thanks and hung up...well this morning when I checked my account, my limit had doubled!! Up from $2500 to $5000 in nine months....Just wonderful...You guys have shared to much and I am becoming a demon...credit demon that is...lol
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just maxed out my Cap1 in the last month to get my high balance up. Actual CL is 500 and i put $490 on it. Statement comes out on the 10th of each month, so my June 10th statement is going to $490. I plan on paying this off as close to $0 as possible, but not exactly $0 within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully i can get a little boost in the score when they report after July 10th statement...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may grow old...lose all your hair...retire...before you get a CLI.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep...no CLI here for 3 years. Stuck at $3000. At least my balance is $0 and I can get some debt ratios benefits out of it.

I called last week about a CLI and the rep said "We don't give credit line increases". I mentioned the $8K jump I got from AMEX and he said "sir, Capital One is not American Express".

You got THAT right, pal!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.