Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting?

tag
doredeb
New Contributor

Capital One not reporting?

Anyone else have this issue?  This is the second month in a row that NONE of the three bureaus are showing a report by Capital One.  Of course, when I contact Cap One I get the canned response that it's the bureaus' fault and "it's up to them when they update", etc....but they've been telling me that for two months and I just find it odd that none of the bureaus show anything. The fact that their reporting is missing from all three bureaus tells me it's a Cap One issue, not a credit bureau problem.  Especially frustrating when I got this card for rebuilding; I'm using and paying on this card faithfully, but if they don't report it, it's not doing me a lot of good.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One not reporting?

I have noticed that too. I had paid off 3 different cap one cards, between mine and DH, in full and it still shows us having a balance. I PIF somewhere in the end of last month I believe it was.

We have not used those cards any as well are trying to pay down utilization on 3 other cards that we maxed out.
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same, they haven’t update mine since August the 17th

Its capital one issue
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap one is not reporting to Equifax but the other two are fine....

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Cap 1 card that I got in July and they did report the next month to all 3 bureaus. ...and they reported in September as well and I'm confident they will report this month as well. ..
Message 5 of 43
doredeb
New Contributor

I had no problem when I first got the card, either.  I've had it since January and they reported to all three bureaus every month until August.  Hopefully you won't have the same problem, but if you search this issue here in the community, you'll see it's not unusual.  And it's very frustrating.

Message 6 of 43
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have one card last report 08/01/17 and one card last report 09/01/17 and my new card has no reported at all after first payment which was PIF.

Would not mind a $30k CL with a $0 balance reporting.  Smiley Frustrated

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

I have noticed this with Chevron that they don't always report.  Do you have a balance or PIF?

IMHO I noticed it more when I had a 0 balance reported.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 43
doredeb
New Contributor

Hmmm...never thought about that.  It's a zero balance.  Odd, though, that they've always reported my zero balance before...then stopped reporting completely in August.  Frustrating!

Message 9 of 43
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I dont think its a zero balance issue.  I have balances each month (no interest though).

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.