Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One not reporting?

Yes, i live in a hurricane affected area & it hasn't reported since the hurricane.
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been having the same problem. I thought it was because i lived in florida and they didnt report because of the hurricane . Both my capital one cards havent reported since september
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have not reported mine since 9/2.  I paid off my credit card in October.  Not reported.  Paid down in November, not reported.  Very frustrating.  I have disputed all three credit bureaus.  They haven't even posted on truck payments.  Something is wrong in their technology and they gave me the candid response of dispute to the credit bureaus.  

Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was just about to make a post about this and then I saw yours.  ugh yes my Cap1 card has fallen off my TransUnion and Experian reports all together hurting my credit score I am so irritated.  It is still on my Equifax and it shows that the last reported date was in August. I called Cap1 about it and they blamed the bureaus so I called TransUnion and they blamed Cap1 SMH.  I live in Florida and one of the reps from Cap said its cuz of the hurricane.  I hope they fix it ASAP I am trying so hard to rebuild my credit and right now its just sitting still

Message 34 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 started reporting for all folks in natural disaster areas (except California) effective 1 December 2017. If you were never late during that time, all your previous reports will eventually appear PAA/Never Late. If you were late, they will not show that as late but will not report on those months (it will be blank - NR). However, for those of you who took the benefit, they will charge you the interest, but you will not get reported to the CRAs and take a hit (you don’t want to in that case).

Your CRA data will be updated on you NORMAL reporting date; so if your date is 15 Dec you will see it on that date and not before. My QS1 card (reporting due date 1st, reporting date 3rd) reported yesterday and all my previous months showed correctly – PAA/NL. My Venture is scheduled for today (5th) and I will know in a few days if it properly updated (I believe it will since I have been going around with them until I got the proper scoop last month).  See my earlier post on this thread and I will kept the forum updated when/if Venture reports.

Y

Message 35 of 43
doredeb
New Contributor

what Re: Capital One not reporting?

This is what irritated me the most when I started this thread several weeks ago.  CapOne kept telling us it was the fault of the CRAs, when all along it was a decision made by Capital One to stop reporting in certain areas.  For some (me) it was just a concern and/or inconvenience, but for others trying to rebuild/purchase a home or car, etc. it was a real issue.  Just wish they had been honest with us about what they were doing all along.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what Re: Capital One not reporting?

I just posted about this in re-building without searching. Didn't realize it was such an issue. i opened a QS 45 days ago and just got my first statement, but the card hasn't reported as new and open yet. My other CapOne has been reporting just fine. Yes, as a re-builder this is frustrating.

Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a rebuilder you should be thankful it's taking forever. That's because when it does update it'll backdate to when it was open so you'll get a stronger AAoA and diminish the AoYA penalty.

I wish my new cards would take 3 months to report!
Message 38 of 43
doredeb
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just posted about this in re-building without searching. Didn't realize it was such an issue. i opened a QS 45 days ago and just got my first statement, but the card hasn't reported as new and open yet. My other CapOne has been reporting just fine. Yes, as a re-builder this is frustrating.

That's not unusual for Capital One, actually (new cards not reporting right away).  I opened my Cap One in January and it didn't report for the first time until the end of April.  I remember how frustrating it was, because the Discover I opened at the same time started reporting within a couple weeks.

Message 39 of 43
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

all of my accounts are now up to date.  

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.