Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One throws me a bone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One throws me a bone

I had a little bit of a shaky account history with Capital one for awhile--maxed the card out over the limit many times, and had a few months of late payments. After about 12 months of on-time payments and low utilization I asked them to remove late payments and they did--no good will, no disputing, nothing. I just called and asked someone in account services to please update my account showing no lates and they did. They said they would do this as a favor because of my recent good account history and they understood the impact it was having on my credit score.

Who knew the Evil Empire could be so forgiving?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One throws me a bone

rifleman wrote:
I had a little bit of a shaky account history with Capital one for awhile--maxed the card out over the limit many times, and had a few months of late payments. After about 12 months of on-time payments and low utilization I asked them to remove late payments and they did--no good will, no disputing, nothing. I just called and asked someone in account services to please update my account showing no lates and they did. They said they would do this as a favor because of my recent good account history and they understood the impact it was having on my credit score.

Who knew the Evil Empire could be so forgiving?

Wow.....what "sweet nothings" did you whisper in their ear???? That's awesome!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL "sweet nothings". Yeah I lit candles, got some wine, gave them a backrub...and they couldn't resist so they gave up the late payments.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROTFLMAO!!!

rifleman wrote:
LOL "sweet nothings". Yeah I lit candles, got some wine, gave them a backrub...and they couldn't resist so they gave up the late payments.

That's funny!

But this is like the second piece of good news we've read on here about Cap1.

What in the world is going on??!!!
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

trinigal wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!

rifleman wrote:

That's funny!

But this is like the second piece of good news we've read on here about Cap1.

What in the world is going on??!!!

Trinigal...we need to find out. I say rifleman and whoever else had success with Crap 1 must submit to us their real name, address, SS, blood type and all other info so that we can use them as an example when dealing with Crap I. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for the gander,right???HAHAHA Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:

lol.....I have been told i have a sexy phone voice....ya think that'll work, as long as i get a male representative on the line????Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:

Trinigal...we need to find out. I say rifleman and whoever else had success with Crap 1 must submit to us their real name, address, SS, blood type and all other info so that we can use them as an example when dealing with Crap I. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for the gander,right???HAHAHA Smiley Very Happy

Who you telling??!!
And if I have to light some candles, put on some Marvin Gaye, get a nice hot bath running with rose petals in the tub, and whip out my massage oil to get those lates removed......well bring it on!Smiley Very Happy

My back rub is as good as the next persons (not sure about that, I think I suck, but shhh, don't tell nobodySmiley Wink)
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, you never know--go for it!

I know it had nothing to do with my voice (I think) because I was talking to what sounded like an elderly gentleman from India, so unless he has a thing for young American men, I doubt my voice had anything to do with it, LOL.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:
Hey, you never know--go for it!

I know it had nothing to do with my voice (I think) because I was talking to what sounded like an elderly gentleman from India, so unless he has a thing for young American men, I doubt my voice had anything to do with it, LOL.

My lord!
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO......Marvin Gaye!!!!!!! He sure can belt out some sensual tunes, though!!! I had Air Supply or maybe even a little Barry Manilow in mind. lol
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.