Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
baby_girl039
New Contributor

Capital One

I need some advice. I have gotten a lot of advice just by reading posts. I had a great bit of accounts deleted from my CR.  Thanks for all the good advice.

I had a capital one cc, with a credit limit of $300 ended up with a high balance of $752. I paid the card off, wish I had of found this forum before that.  Okay, got the cc in 3/2005, it was closed in 3/2007 and I paid for it in full in 4/2007. Its reporting as paid charge-off. Any ideas on how to get this off. Should I GW them? And has anyone had any success with capital one.

Trans-531
Exp-501
Equ-555

The only reason men fail, something broke their focus
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One

If you have a proof of payment in full, dispute it with both Capital One and the CRA's.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute the account status directly with Capone-

lc1 wrote:
If you have a proof of payment in full, dispute it with both Capital One and the CRA's.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

baby_girl039 wrote:
I need some advice. I have gotten a lot of advice just by reading posts. I had a great bit of accounts deleted from my CR.  Thanks for all the good advice.

I had a capital one cc, with a credit limit of $300 ended up with a high balance of $752. I paid the card off, wish I had of found this forum before that.  Okay, got the cc in 3/2005, it was closed in 3/2007 and I paid for it in full in 4/2007. Its reporting as paid charge-off. Any ideas on how to get this off. Should I GW them? And has anyone had any success with capital one.

Trans-531
Exp-501
Equ-555

You probably didn't miss anything by paying CapOne off. They are very notorious in not accepting PFDs. Not many here had any success with them.
Message 4 of 5
baby_girl039
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice. I'll keep you informed. Thanks again.

The only reason men fail, something broke their focus
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.