Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One?

I had a credit card with capital one with a $200 limit of course it went bad and with fees I now owe over $900.  On my credit report no limits are listed, but it shows late payments, so of course this looks bad.  Im am thinking about asking them to reinstate my card, remove all lates and let me make monthly payments to get this paid down. Does anyone think this is possible or has anyone ever done this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One?

Is the account charged off?

Cause if it is, you're up chocolate creek without a popsicle stickSmiley Sad.

Not trying to be harsh.  Even if it is charged off you can still try asking them to reinstate.  But I have had no luck with that option with BofA.  They suck!! They claim a charge off is an accounting entry that places says the account is uncollectible and is a bad debt.  Now, as far as I know of accounting, an entry can be reversed.

If they refuse any kind of rehab, try PFD.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does say charged off!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

lorileet wrote:
It does say charged off!

Alas! That is what I feared.
And like you I had no idea what that was, and thought I could just start paying them again and it would all go away.

Call them and see what you can work out.  Hopefully they are willing to work with you to fix the account.  I know there has to be a way.  BofA are a bunch of.....well, let's not go there tonight.
If they won't reinstate, you're going to have to try PFD.

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-13-2007 06:37 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing...Crap1 w/$200CL and charge-off. $918bal. I settled w/them for $466. I did have the remaining bal still on CR...I kept disputing it for a $0 bal and they finally deleted it off EQ CR...which it was suppose to have stayed 7yrs. However...they didn't delete w/TU & EX...but they gave a $0 bal. But now I know what I know...I would ask for a PFD before I sent them anything.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.