cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital QS1 opened a month ago and now reporting!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital QS1 opened a month ago and now reporting!

I got an alert this morning from My Fico that Experian (which was my lowest score) is now reporting this new account (Cap One QS1) and my scores went up by 28 points!  Now I hope the same happens with EQ and TU!  Did the same thing happen with everyone?  Or did you see only one or two go up and the other one less or non?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital QS1 opened a month ago and now reporting!

Hmmm I had Barclays and discover added on last week and lost 4 points. No increase. I'm jealous! Lol
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh equifax lost the 4 points. Trans and experian stayed the same.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!  Smiley Very Happy  I seem to lose points when new accts are added.  Waiting to see what happens when BofA hits.  Simulator says no changes but there always is. 

Message 4 of 7
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an alert this morning from My Fico that Experian (which was my lowest score) is now reporting this new account (Cap One QS1) and my scores went up by 28 points!  Now I hope the same happens with EQ and TU!  Did the same thing happen with everyone?  Or did you see only one or two go up and the other one less or non?

I'm hoping the same happens for me. I'm still waiting for my new QS and Venture to report.

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the same thing happen with everyone?

Impact will vary depending one one's existing credit and the details of the new tradeline.  That applies to any creditor, card, etc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is definitely case by case.  I guess with me the fact that I had thin file six months ago has been one reason why it has increased my scores.  I am not complaining!  I wonder what the scores will do once the 10K Venture card reports. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.