Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one GW letter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one GW letter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had a Capital One account that was charged off in 2004.  They offered me a new card where they added the balance of the charged off card and increased my extremely small limit as I paid it off.  I did pay it off completely as agreed.   When I started monitoring my CR here I noticed that the bad account showed on all three CR's but the good one only showed on EQ.  

I wrote them a very nice GW letter asking them to add the good account to both my TU and EX reports, or remove the bad account from my CR's.   I got the response from them and I was THRILLED to see that they deleted the account.   But yup, you got it, they deleted the GOOD account!!!Smiley Mad Okay, I see why you all call them Crapital One. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one GW letter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wow... Wish I could say I was surprised. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a YDM letter I can send them?   (That would be You Darn Moron!)Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

princessofpink wrote:
Do you have a YDM letter I can send them?   (That would be You Darn Moron!)Smiley Wink

HA! No, but I may draft one.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is comical and truly typical.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

princessofpink wrote:
II wrote them a very nice GW letter asking them to add the good account to both my TU and EX reports, or remove the bad account from my CR's.   I got the response from them and I was THRILLED to see that they deleted the account.   But yup, you got it, they deleted the GOOD account!!!Smiley Mad Okay, I see why you all call them Crapital One. Smiley Sad

Is the good account a current, open account? If so, they should report it again next billing cycle.

If not, I say accept the good with the bad and move on. The negative was probably hurting worse than the positive was helping.

Always try to find a way to fill at least half the glass.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would Noah except for the fact that they didn't delete the bad account, only the good one!! Smiley Mad  Both accounts are closed since as soon as they got their money back for the original debt they sold the account.   I already wrote my new GW letter politely informing them of the error and asking them just to delete the bad account as well.   It was very difficult not to use the YDM letter though. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know how this evolves.  I paid off two Cap One charge offs, and sent them a goodwill letter asking them to delete the accounts (did so when they offered me the chance to get a new card).  So, our situations are simular.  I haven't heard anything back yet from them, but it's only been a little more than a week.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure will.  I'm really hoping since they screwed up they will actually delete the bad account.  I would much rather have the bad one gone than the good one back.   It took about 3 weeks to get a response back from them.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disputing it with the CRAs as inaccurate. They and others seems to sometimes observe a policy of "We won't actively delete, even though we say we will, but if you dispute we won't verify."

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-19-2007 06:00 PM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.