Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one chargeoff

tag
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Capital one chargeoff

I have a 980.00 chargeoff from capital one which is about 4 years old. This is mine but the amount is exaggerated to the tune of 500 dollars. I like to get this taken care of but heard stories if i actually paid them my score drops and I am in process of getting a car loan is the next 6 month. any advice is apperciated.
EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one chargeoff

I bet $5 that if you paid it, then your score will go up. Why? Chances are it is still being factored into utilization. FICO could be reading that card as maxed out and it is dragging your overall utilitization to the pits. If you do pay it, be sure to PIF with one payment. Also inquire about CApOne's Credit Steps program. Don't know too much about it but it lets you get a new CC with the payment of the CO.

Then there is always the PFD option, but I don't think I ever heard of them accepting a PFD.

If you don't pay, then expect a possible lawsuit as they are sue happy.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one chargeoff

A few years old and has not been sent to collections?

I would pay this-

The interest never stopped- and the fees are there for a few months until they closed the account.

The $ ammount is likley correct.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.